Author Topic: TACAN  (Read 5850 times)

Pop

TACAN
« on: September 19, 2009, 01:52:58 pm »
 I was flying on the CVA off CA( in mp) and noticed that the CVA had a VOR freq listed 117.95(on map). I attempted to tune, but got an error. Checked the MFD -TCN and it had a CH # of 127, still no joy.  Today I flew the T45 and could tune in the TCN and get good neddles.  Looked at the CFG of both and say diff in the "radios" , chnaged the FA18 to the T45, but still no tune(ERROR). Then I checked the Panel and noticed a diff in the "windows gauges window 1 radios", changed that still not able to tune the ch 127 or 117.95???
Wher is that data set???
PS attempting to shoot a TAC approach, the CVA and the TAC do not appear to be in thesame location???
Pop

Pop

Re: TACAN
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 02:25:07 am »
lots of reads! No comments???

Razgriz

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 06:00:21 am »
TACAN is not simulated in the FSX Hornet.

Pop

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 03:20:48 pm »
from the "book"
To set a VOR frequency of 110.5 via TACAN, look at the chart in the appendix for a list of TACAN
channel frequencies. You will see that 110.50 equals a TACAN channel of ‘42X’. Begin by setting the
UFC in TCN mode. Press 4-2-ENTER on the UFC keypad and then select ‘X’ by pressing the little
button to the left of the ‘X’ display. It should become active with a ‘ : ’ symbol.
If you want to set the VOR frequency of 110.5 manually, just press 1-1-0-5-0-ENTER and it will
automatically translate the frequency into the appropriate TACAN channel if you enter a
recognized frequency. If you are having difficulty, try entering 5 full digits instead of 3 or 4.
To set course, you need to use the CRS knob close to the Fuel indicator in the lower left of the
cockpit. It can be scrolled with the mouse wheel. To check the CRS, open the HSI screen on one of
the displays and look at the CRS readout.
   I use it all the time!!!
 ???

Pop

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 11:10:50 pm »
Am I correct?  what about the Ch#'3/freq thing??? POP

Pop

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2009, 02:11:22 pm »
Must “eat my hat”! After some research I found that u are correct, Tacan, per se is not in the sim.  If the station is a “pure” Tacan, not a VORTAC, all we can get is the DME. We will “see” the station on the MFD and have the DME readout on the HUD, but no bearing info/cus. ::) ::)