Author Topic: Pax/crew falling through bottom of aircraft  (Read 1588 times)

gk850

Pax/crew falling through bottom of aircraft
« on: September 23, 2019, 10:26:04 pm »
Hi there,

I just started using the GSX about a week ago, so still learning.

I am flying Carenado's Saab 340 & got the custom set up file for it. 

People are climbing up the stairs now ok but after entering the aircraft, they seem to fall through the floor, with their legs hanging in the air.

How can this be fixed?

Thanks,
Gene

Beat578

Re: Pax/crew falling through bottom of aircraft
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2019, 06:36:51 am »
It can't be fixed at the moment. People have their seize. They are not programmes to bend over, as they would in small airplanes at the moment. FSDreamteam is considering a General aviation addon, but that would take some time for sure, because all the animations would have to be programmed from scratch. You also have to complete program a new logic, so you can set the Floor and Roof of a plane and try to fit the people into smaller planes. I don't know if Propar is able to handle inverse kinematics or that kind of complex animation you would use for that. So at the moment, we have to live with head's sticking out of the roof.
Beat578

gk850

Re: Pax/crew falling through bottom of aircraft
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2019, 04:33:59 pm »
Thank you for the reply.

The problem is not heads sticking out but the legs going below the floor.  I am not expecting the people models to bend when passing through the door -- I understand the difficulty with programming.

The SAAB 340 is a small airliner, not a GA plane, so there should be enough room inside to fit a standing person.

The solution is that the people models should remain at the upper level of the stairs as that should match the floor level, more or less.

Gene

It can't be fixed at the moment. People have their seize. They are not programmes to bend over, as they would in small airplanes at the moment. FSDreamteam is considering a General aviation addon, but that would take some time for sure, because all the animations would have to be programmed from scratch. You also have to complete program a new logic, so you can set the Floor and Roof of a plane and try to fit the people into smaller planes. I don't know if Propar is able to handle inverse kinematics or that kind of complex animation you would use for that. So at the moment, we have to live with head's sticking out of the roof.