Author Topic: Passengers buses drive backwards too far  (Read 2110 times)

Wildcat02

Passengers buses drive backwards too far
« on: September 10, 2019, 08:55:58 pm »
Hi,

After having dropped off the passengers, the buses drive backwards but too far.  They drive on the grass behind the apron and do not stay on the apron. How can I prevent that?

Cheers,

Clem
Flightdeck737.be

Risky

Re: Passengers buses drive backwards too far
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:02 pm »
Hire better drivers??  :D

PhilA

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 11:04:11 pm »
This is something I mentioned many moons ago.  I was told  "The issue is, what might be too far on an airport, it's just good enough on another one so, universally reducing that distance would cause problems elsewhere."  I had hoped to see some improvement as time went on, but the problem still persists.  I would have thought that reversing just past the vehicle path, or onto the vehicle path would have been possible.  In the case at my local airport (EGTE) it goes past the vehicle path, back past the taxi way, off the apron and onto the grass. This is probably close to 100m!  This is far more than in some of the earlier versions (probable pre 1.97). 

Another issue I have noticed in recent versions, again since 1.97 times as I have not used GSX much since then, is that the catering trucks now drive through the wing on leaving.  This is especially noticeable in the low winged aircraft such as B737.  Previously they would have reversed from the aircraft and departed around the wing.  Now they depart parallel to the fuselage and drive through the wing tip.

Hopefully some changes can be made to the bus as it is far from realistic for it to reverse that distance.  I often hear of problems with collisions, but  would have thought this could be reduced by keeping operations as close to the aircraft and taxiways as possible.

Risky, unfortunately FSDT provide the drivers, not us pilots.  :(

Wildcat02

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:49:04 pm »
Also another same issue: Catering trucks drive through the wing (B737) on leaving ... They depart parallel to the fuselage and drive through the wing tip. 

How is that possible? The arrival of the trucks is going well ...

PhilA

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:13 pm »
How is that possible? The arrival of the trucks is going well ...

Good question!

The attached pictures show the Arrival and departing trucks.