Author Topic: GSX thinks I'm at the wrong gate  (Read 1732 times)

Timothy Metzinger

GSX thinks I'm at the wrong gate
« on: September 10, 2019, 11:41:28 pm »
Version 2.7, updated this morning.

I flew into FSDT KLAS, and on the final approach segment I selected gate B12.  I taxied in and parked as directed by the marshaller.  But when I tried to toggle deboarding, I was told I was at the wrong parking.   I chose to cancel the parking assignment, then went to customize the assignments, and sure enough I was at gate B12.  Cancelling out of the editing mode I was able to select services and deboard the plane, and it remembered the number of passengers I'd previously boarded.

Weird, since all the ground support equipment was there, that it thought I was at the wrong parking spot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX thinks I'm at the wrong gate
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 02:10:54 pm »
There's no message anywhere in GSX which says you are in "wrong parking". What was the exact text of the message ? Or, you said "wrong", just because you saw a different name/number in the menu ? Please clarify.

In general, when gates position don't match, it's always caused by another scenery in conflict being used, for example one that comes with an AI Traffic product. The GSX parking customization page will indicate the name of the AFCAD in use, which can be useful to have an idea of what is conflicting.

Timothy Metzinger

Re: GSX thinks I'm at the wrong gate
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 10:20:48 pm »
Well, if I ever come across the issue again, I'll let you know, and will take screenshots so I get the verbiage right.   What it told me was that I wasn't at the gate where I'd selected ground services on the taxi in.  Although, since I was met by the marshaller and the rest of the gear, I obviously was.   And since I could get ground services when I reset COAUTL/GSX without moving the airplane, I was parked in the appropriate spot AT that gate.