Author Topic: GSX not working correctly with Imaginesim WSSS  (Read 5081 times)

haleefi

GSX not working correctly with Imaginesim WSSS
« on: May 01, 2019, 01:46:07 pm »
Hi, I seem to have a problem with GSX and WSSS. I contacted Imaginesim, but they said to check with Fsdreamteam.

My issue is that GSX is not recognizing WSSS's jetways, and whenever I try to request boarding or deboarding, the menu come to dock the jetway to the aircraft, but after clicking on dock and confirming it saying jetway docking in progress (or something similar), but the jetway does not move or anything. The other ground handling trucks move and come to the relevant doors, but the jetway does not move and attach to the aircraft.

Another issue is that when I try to request the gate, GSX always spawns a marshaller whilst ignoring the automatic parking system at WSSS.

I installed and re-installed WSSS around 3 to 4 times, but no go.

Any ideas and solutions, or is anything missing for it to not work properly?
GSX works fine at other airports. BTW I have both GSX + GSX 2.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not working correctly with Imaginesim WSSS
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2019, 04:54:28 pm »
Which kind of jetways are used by this scenery ?

haleefi

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2019, 05:53:11 pm »
SODE .xml jetways.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 06:24:25 pm »
SODE .xml jetways.

Do you have other 3rd party airports that comes with their own XML SODE jetways that work ? If yes, this would indicate there's a problem with the SODE XML file that comes with this scenery.

haleefi

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 06:57:50 pm »
No, I only have WSSS from this developer. But guess what? I managed to fix this issue with the jetways not working! Had to repair SODE again, and it worked like a charm. The only problem now is that GSX does not identify the automated parking system made by Imaginesim, and GSX spawns a marshaller. What can I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 07:50:20 pm »
The only problem now is that GSX does not identify the automated parking system made by Imaginesim

That's normal, since every developer has its way to create docking systems, GSX cannot identify them automatically.

and GSX spawns a marshaller. What can I do?

Quoting from the GSX manual, Page 31:

Parking System

The option can be used to disable the GSX parking system entirely, by choosing “No parking system”. This option might be useful, if you are using a 3rd party scenery that already comes with a Docking System, so the GSX one won’t clash with it.

In addition to that, you'll probably have to adjust the GSX Stop position to roughly match the 3rd party docking system.

Don't expect they'll always match perfectly. In fact, most of the time they won't, since it's unlikely a scenery would use exactly the same strategy as GSX Marshallers/Docking systems, to use the customized Stop Position as a starting point to calculate a "final" stop position that is different for each airplane, taking the Preferred Exit of the airplane (which is also a GSX-specific data) and having it placed always on the same position with different airplanes, naturally resulting in the front gear ending up in different spots.

alphaklg

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 09:52:21 pm »
Hello

I just landed in WSSS and could not use GSx as it ws saying it could not detect a "valid AFCAD for the airport".
I have checked there is the AFCAD in the scenery folder, and airport seems to work just fine.

Any ideas how to sort that? No one has an idea?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2019, 12:57:43 pm by alphaklg »

alphaklg

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2019, 12:58:13 pm »
No one?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2019, 01:57:12 pm »
If you or another utility has switched the active AFCAD with a rename, you must use the "Restart and rebuild the Airport cache" command from the Couatl Settings menu.

Stevey63

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:57:09 am »
No, I only have WSSS from this developer. But guess what? I managed to fix this issue with the jetways not working! Had to repair SODE again, and it worked like a charm. The only problem now is that GSX does not identify the automated parking system made by Imaginesim, and GSX spawns a marshaller. What can I do?

G'day mate, same problem but interested to know how you repaired the SODE.

Cheers

Steve