Author Topic: GSX Afcad problem  (Read 3504 times)

gullman

GSX Afcad problem
« on: August 07, 2019, 01:40:04 pm »
Hello, i like GSX but since my transfer from FSX to Prepar3D V4 i have problem with afcad data in Košice international airport by Taxi2gate. Please see attachment.
When i started flight on gate 5 there is no GSX service and when i chose "just wrap me there" my aircraf is on grass nad GSX tells "mmo service here because gate is too small"
For terrain i am using ORBX FTX vector etc.
Thanks for your help.
Ivan

DVA12924

Re: GSX Afcad problem
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 02:30:13 pm »
I'm not Umberto, but it sounds to me like its a problem in the original AFCAD which would need to be edited. Since editing AFCAD the are bgl and I don't have that AFCAD file, the way around that is to edit the position using GSX itself. In P3D, along the top bar, open the Addons menu, then GSX, then Customize airport positions. This will open the customization window. Assuming you are already in the aircraft you want to have at the parking position, click the airplane icon next to the position size - this will resize the position to be able to accommodate your aircraft. Then click on Edit parking position. This will close the edit window and you will be back in the sim in Slew mode with a bunch of lines and circles. You'll be starting off editing the parking position itself. You can use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the position forward, back, left, and right. The other keyboard shortcuts for rotating and diagonal movement are in the edit window. When you have the position where you want it, push F4 to go to the next item and repeat. GSX will save the data so you don't have to do this again.

Please note however, this is only changing the data for YOUR aircraft. Meaning if AI parks there, it will park where the original AFCAD says it should be. Also if you load up the sim into that spot, it will be where the original AFCAD says it should be and you'll have to slew the aircraft into the correct position to start. The only way around those is to edit the original AFCAD, but if the bgl file has ANYTHING other than the taxiway and parking data in it (like scenery objects), those may be lost when recompiling after making the changes.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:15:13 pm »
First, check to make sure GSX is even using the right AFCAD. You can do this by going into the customize parking position, then looking at the top of the GSX window, which will tell you the directory of the AFCAD it is using.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 07:50:29 pm »
When i started flight on gate 5 there is no GSX service and when i chose "just wrap me there" my aircraf is on grass

That's because you have an AFCAD conflict, so GSX is reading the file from the conflicting scenery.

gullman

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 12:01:43 pm »
First, check to make sure GSX is even using the right AFCAD. You can do this by going into the customize parking position, then looking at the top of the GSX window, which will tell you the directory of the AFCAD it is using.

well i realized that GSX is taking data from prepar3d folder but not from 3rd party scenery. How to correct this ?
Thanks a lot

gullman

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2019, 12:48:35 pm »
SOLVED: I replaced prepar3D default afcad by 3rd party scenery afcad from Taxi2gate in prepar3d scenery folder (just simple copy and overwrote this) and everything is now working fine :)
You can close this topic :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 12:50:06 pm by gullman »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2019, 02:31:26 pm »
That might not have been the best way to deal with it. All you would have had to do was change the directory to point to the AFCAD you want.
Captain Kevin

gullman

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 03:25:42 pm »
i know that isnt ideal solution but i do not know how to change path for GSX to 3rd party addon scenery bgl.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2019, 07:09:19 am »
In C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\virtuali\GSX, open up the configuration file for the airport in question. This file can be opened via Notepad. At the very top, you'll see AFCAD path. Just change it to the one for the AFCAD you're trying to use.
Captain Kevin

dazza1980

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2019, 12:14:36 pm »
Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue as the OP, except at MYNN airport. I have changed the location for the AFCAD as describe in the post above. However, GSX is ignoring this path, and still loads up the default AFCAD. Even loading up the GSX airport config window, it still shows the original AFCAD file location, not the one I have entered. Would anyone know why it isnt reading the path in the .ini file?

Thanks

Darren

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2019, 10:07:12 pm »
Sorry, but changing the .INI file won't do anything to how GSX choose an AFCAD. That's NOT what that line in the .INI file does. That line is only used to associate an airport customization to the AFCAD currently in use.

It means, basically:

- Use this .INI file IF the AFCAD loaded is this one

But it won't make GSX changing which AFCAD it uses. The AFCAD used is read automatically provided it's correct, it's on an higher layer than any other AFCAD for the same airport, and it hasn't been rejected, either because it's corrupted, or because it's too big.

So, first be sure the AFCAD is on the highest layer of any other AFCAD related to the same airport. If you are sure it is, try a "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" from the Couatl menu and see if the correct one is picked up.