Author Topic: P3d4 GSX V2 Addons and Couatl  (Read 2451 times)

wlowe4

P3d4 GSX V2 Addons and Couatl
« on: August 09, 2019, 02:17:50 am »
Hey there,

I know this topic has been discussed multiple times but I promise I have reviewed them all and I have tried all steps but left without a solution. I am currently using P3dV4.5. My issue is when installing GSX, I get an error stating that the "FSDT_LCD" can not be added and there is a access denied, I am able to ignore and update via the updater with no errors. Once done installing and a restart began, I launch P3d and see addon manager but couatl will not launch and is not listed under the ad-dons.

Now I have made sure to uninstall and reinstall all prerequisite of Vcc and also sim connect, I have also made an exclusion in my anti virus and also have attempted a full reinstall of p3d. I am able to launch Couatl without p3d with no errors but when I attempt it with p3d running it will not auto launch and will not launch at all. I also see it no where included in the addons box.

I do not have any issues in my hosts file as nothing is listed and I have already deleted and had a new one made. Any advice would be gladly accepted.

*I wondered if it was windows defender causing the issue so I completely deactivated it via the registry and that did not help*

please only include help that does not include steps above. I have attempted each step 3 to 4 times and no avail.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: P3d4 GSX V2 Addons and Couatl
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 11:36:21 am »
I know this topic has been discussed multiple times but I promise I have reviewed them all and I have tried all steps but left without a solution. I am currently using P3dV4.5. My issue is when installing GSX, I get an error stating that the "FSDT_LCD" can not be added and there is a access denied, I am able to ignore and update via the updater with no errors. Once done installing and a restart began, I launch P3d and see addon manager but couatl will not launch and is not listed under the ad-dons.

The error is entirely meaningless, because it simply means the Font is already there and, for some reason ( on some systems ), Windows seems to complain if you are trying to install a font which is already there. The installer is made to ignore and complete regardless of that error so no, it doesn't have anything to do with your problem.

I also see it no where included in the addons box.

Do you mean the OPTIONS->Add-ons, or the "Addons" menu ?

zk

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 12:37:56 pm »
I had this same problem.  I deleted the font from the window font directory (C:\Windows\Fonts) and ran the installer again.  Everything worked following this procedure.

wlowe4

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 09:08:10 pm »
There is no font inside the font folders with the name FSDT so if you say it does not matter, then I feel better.

With your other quote of my addons box. When I install and launch P3d I am not asked if I want to add FSDT or Couatl at all to my addons, when I am on the main menu it is not listed. When I load into the game, I click on addon manager and I am able to register my key but GSX is not listed. Another thing I find interesting is I see that there is already a key entered for GSX. This is 3rd time I have installed p3d to this drive and I have used GSX before in the past. My key is correct however from the task manager Couatl is not running. I also double checked to see if my anti virus was blocking it and it was not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 10:33:34 pm »
There is no font inside the font folders with the name FSDT so if you say it does not matter, then I feel better.

If you saw that error you said you had:

I get an error stating that the "FSDT_LCD" can not be added and there is a access denied

Then you surely had that font in the Windows\Fonts folder, that's what that error was about: the installer was prevented to install a font which was already installed.