Author Topic: f-18 hud waterline  (Read 49323 times)

Doum76

Re: f-18 hud waterline
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »
Yeah it depends I don't know how close the addon is compared to Falcon4s aircraft which is the closest to a real F-16 especially Open Falcon. The one we use most often is Falcon 4 Allied Forces but along with that I also use the original F4 manual which has alot of stuff that relates to the aircrafts basics like landings and departure recovery. With F4AFs HUD its in 2d and the FPM does not disappear when on finals but in F4AFs the aircrafts AoA is influenced by the aircrafts weight so a heavier weight means a higher landing speed in order to maintain the ideal AoA so just placing the FPM inside the bracket is all I do I never bother with the donut for me its just the bracket followed by a flare and then aerobrake. I don't look at the fin either just the Hud. ;D
If you want to learn more about F-16s and fly them online then I suggest you buy Falcon 4 allied Forces which will teach you the basics and then move up to Open Falcon. Some good manuals to read Dash 34, USAF manual and the MLU tapes 1 and 2 all of this stuff is used in F4AF and open falcon.

Seems interresting, i might consider that one day to get Falcon4, but i gotta say i would rather have something with Hornets or SuperHornets. :(

Well in the addon weight matters indeed, andchange the flight dynamics, you have about 60 different variation of the plane by default, many AF, with diff. weapon config. Going from Demo setup to fully loaded, and you can even set it up yourself, making the load you want on any of the variation of the F-16 you want. And the flying is pretty much different, CatI, CatIII
makes a difference. It jsut need practice to land it. The lfying is pretty much different with a Relaxed Static Stability system.

SUBS17

Re: f-18 hud waterline
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2009, 11:08:14 pm »

F-16 landing

And how about without an engine.