Author Topic: AI not connecting to jetways in P3Dv5 only  (Read 6430 times)

DLH7LA

Re: AI not connecting to jetways in P3Dv5 only
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2020, 09:34:11 pm »
First, it's just wrong to guess there might be "other" AI products without any evidence. From what has been reported here, first it was said they don't with Traffic Global, they only if VoxATC is creating them with AI injection.

It has been already confirmed several times it surely works fully with default AI traffic and AI injection with UT Live.

So you are just saying it is compatible with AI via .bgl and UT Live, you call this "fully supported" but clearly it is not.

I cannot say "it's not working", because it surely does with two of the most common ways to create AI traffic, which use the two known method to create it, either the standard traffic.bgl method or the AI injection.
[...]
There have been so many documented cases of add-ons not being able to communicate with the sim because of other add-on spamming the sim with too many requests in a short time, resulting in them being dropped, and this is entirely random, you don't get to know who's getting all notifications and who's not so, fact SODE works with that same tool doesn't tell anything, and it might be entirely different depending which other add-ons are installed, since the one causing too much traffic doesn't necessarily have to be the one related to AI. Sometimes, a weather engine can slow down updates for everybody else but, again, the effect of missing notifications is not the same on all add-ons, depending what they do, some might just result in a delayed process, another might skip animations.

And still you call your program "fully supported" concerning AI traffic.
Why cant developers just aknowledge, that their program is not perfect? Basically the whole flightsim community is still there not because of a naked installation of a simulator software but because of the addons and the way they work together (see GSX and FSL, works smoothly most of the times but as soon as there is a bug, the developers blame each other.). Instead they tend to give missleading infos about features in order to raise profit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2020, 09:45:22 am »
So you are just saying it is compatible with AI via .bgl and UT Live, you call this "fully supported" but clearly it is not.

IT IS fully supported using standard AI Traffic, and IT IS with one of the most popular traffic utility that does traffic injection.

And still you call your program "fully supported" concerning AI traffic.

Yes, because it is. "Fully supported" means AI work fully.

It doesn't mean they would work with ANY 3rd party non-standard way of creating AIs which in some cases require combinations of products that are not even supposed to work together. You said you use FLAi and PSX, and on FLAi page, they say PSX is not officially supported, and they won't offer any support for it. And you use another commercial product on top of that.

Why cant developers just aknowledge, that their program is not perfect? Basically the whole flightsim community is still there not because of a naked installation of a simulator software but because of the addons and the way they work together (see GSX and FSL, works smoothly most of the times but as soon as there is a bug, the developers blame each other.).

This is also valid for developers of other AI traffic utilities that don't work with GSX, while UT Live is ( can't see why, considering we don't do anything specific to UT Live )

I'm trying to replicate your extremely complex AI setup, which seem to require to install a freeware set of AI, PSX to inject traffic and a commercial product to create Live Traffic that requires a Trial license that I'm waiting to get right now.

Instead they tend to give missleading infos about features in order to raise profit.

This of course doesn't apply to our products, which all come with a TRIAL VERSION, one that can be downloaded FREELY, without requiring a registration of any kind.

abueren

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 06:36:13 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I realize that it's not possible to support any kind of combination of Add-on-tools for P3D. But yet, of course I would like to make it work somehow.
But coming back to the original point - an "original" SODE-Jetway works correctly with this traffic that VOXATC injects. And if the jetway is managed directly by GSX it doesn't. As I understand, GSX actually uses the mechanisms of SODE to animate the jetways, is this correct? So would it be possible to analyze, what differences might result from this in the way injected traffic is treated?

If this doesn't lead anywhere, is there a way to "convert" GSX-Jetways to a regular SODE-file structure with an XML-File and a Simobject-Folder?

Best regrads
Adrian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 07:10:03 pm »
But coming back to the original point - an "original" SODE-Jetway works correctly with this traffic that VOXATC injects.

GSX works with UT Live that does standard Simconnect AI injection and, as I've said, GSX doesn't know if it's working with UT Live, in only subscribe to standard Simconnect notifications when AI are created or destroyed, no matter who's doing that.

As I understand, GSX actually uses the mechanisms of SODE to animate the jetways, is this correct? So would it be possible to analyze, what differences might result from this in the way injected traffic is treated?

Yes, it's always SODE that animates jetways.

If this doesn't lead anywhere, is there a way to "convert" GSX-Jetways to a regular SODE-file structure with an XML-File and a Simobject-Folder?

It's not possible.

But since are saying they don't work with A ( at least this is what this thread was about, isn't it ), I don't think they jetways are the problem, otherwise they wouldn't work with your airplane too.

I suspect GSX is missing AI notifications from the sim for some reason. I asked for a Trial license for that live traffic product you use, and I'll try to look at it when I get it.