Author Topic: Jetway Internal Lighting & Doors  (Read 1435 times)

XCLTM3

Jetway Internal Lighting & Doors
« on: July 11, 2019, 10:57:13 am »
Hi Umberto,

not sure if you can assist with these particular requests, but I'll ask just in case.

1. Are you able to place internal lighting into the Jetways so that passengers walking through them at night can be seen? Currently, I'm using the Crystal see-through tunnels/jetways and it's very difficult to see the passengers at night time - and in rl - jetways are lit internally for visibility.

2. Are you able to animate the internal doors in the Jetway so that they can open? At present, passengers whether boarding or de-boarding are walking through a solid set of doors. Perhaps this could be scripted to link to the open door command of the aircraft?

Thanks & regards,

Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Internal Lighting & Doors
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:11 pm »
1. Are you able to place internal lighting into the Jetways so that passengers walking through them at night can be seen? Currently, I'm using the Crystal see-through tunnels/jetways and it's very difficult to see the passengers at night time - and in rl - jetways are lit internally for visibility.

Not very feasible, since the P3D4 dynamic lighting system doesn't support blocking surfaces so, the jetway floor won't obscure the internal light, which will appear as a light splash over the apron.  And static light won't lit passengers, or course.

2. Are you able to animate the internal doors in the Jetway so that they can open? At present, passengers whether boarding or de-boarding are walking through a solid set of doors. Perhaps this could be scripted to link to the open door command of the aircraft?

I'm sorry, but it would just too long to explain here why we can't. We proposed a possible solution for this problem to SODE, but it would require a significant update of its method of creating jetways.