Author Topic: Pushback Directions reversed for all gates at PACSIM KSLC  (Read 1551 times)

glc100o

Pushback Directions reversed for all gates at PACSIM KSLC
« on: July 09, 2019, 06:22:51 am »
Hello,
it appears that the GSX pushback directions are reversed for all the gates at PACSIM KSLC add-on. Most gates have only one possible push back direction, and choosing the direction results in the aircraft nose pointing the wrong direction to exit the terminal complex. I have read the GSX manual and understand the nomenclature of the pushback lexicon, and other non FSDT add on airports seem to work as expected, obeying the nomenclature. It appears the developer got the standard flight sim interpretation of pushback directions reversed.

Is there any way to fix this within GSX without going to each gate and customizing the parking spot by selecting the opposite direction as default for the gate? I personally doubt it but thought I would ask. Otherwise I will let the developer know.

Thanks,

Greg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback Directions reversed for all gates at PACSIM KSLC
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:55:40 pm »
It appears the developer got the standard flight sim interpretation of pushback directions reversed.

Exactly.

Is there any way to fix this within GSX without going to each gate and customizing the parking spot by selecting the opposite direction as default for the gate? I personally doubt it but thought I would ask

That's what you'll have to do, and it won't affect the underlying AFCAD.

Otherwise I will let the developer know.

I'm sure he'll say in aviation "Left" means "Nose Left", which is correct. However, the sim has always assumed "Left" to be "Tail Left" and, since this is the standard which has been followed in years by all the AFCADs out there, GSX complies with the simulator standard.