Author Topic: QualityWings and GSX aren't getting along (FSX)  (Read 2375 times)

freddiel

QualityWings and GSX aren't getting along (FSX)
« on: July 05, 2019, 01:05:03 am »
Hi,

After downloading the updated GSX L2, all seemed to be going rather smoothly (although honestly I didn't notice a difference) until I tried to do a flight in the QW757.  After I set my starting location, I got a message that said something along the lines of "GSX is outdated, download the latest standalone Addon Manager."  When I clicked OK, my browser automatically opened up to the FSDT page where you can download the addon manager, only just the FS9 version was available.

I did some research in this forum and learned that the addon manager is no longer needed, so I followed some users' advice and uninstalled it and reinstalled my GSX L2 and QW757 on their own.  However, the problem persists and also occurs on my QW787 (which I had just gotten to work correctly after a year of trying).  I can fly any other aircraft without issue.

When I carry on and start the sim, I am told I should run the FSDT Live Update, which I can't tell you how many times I've done.  In the pull-down menu under "Add-ons," there are two versions of the Addon Manager, which I thought I had uninstalled (One is like version 3, the other is 5 I believe).  In the more recent one, I am given the option to register the serial for GSX L2, which was done a long time ago when I first downloaded it.  When I click on that, I am told Couatl can't run or something along those lines.

What can I do so that everyone gets along again?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: QualityWings and GSX aren't getting along (FSX)
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2019, 02:12:26 pm »
You must update the QW757 to use the Flight1 version installer:

https://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/exciting-news-for-the-ultimate-757_topic12625&FID=49&PR=3.html

Uninstall the old QW757 entirely, and reinstall only GSX with the latest full installer, this will remove the double Addon Manager.

freddiel

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 09:16:26 pm »
Thanks for the response.

I've done some thinking and I'm done trying to fight with FSX and I'm making the P3D switch today.  How can I ensure all my FSDT products get moved to P3D?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 11:55:42 pm »
I've done some thinking and I'm done trying to fight with FSX and I'm making the P3D switch today.  How can I ensure all my FSDT products get moved to P3D?
When you install them, just use the serial number that you used before for FSX.
Captain Kevin