Author Topic: new Couatl-Updater kills some files in "Addon Manager/couatl/GSX"  (Read 2174 times)

Ralph_EDDK

Hi there!

I'm using GSX with GSX2-Extension and updated to the new version (by downloading the installer from the FSDT-Website). After the installation process has finished, the new updater came up and checked for further updates. After a while it says "Completed" but in the textbox below I see this:

"DOWNLOADING file F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\common\__init__.pye
DOWNLOADING file F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\common\modelCustomization.pye
DOWNLOADING file F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\GSX Level 2 Control Panel.exe
DOWNLOADING file F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\parkingDialog.pye
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\aircraftDialog.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\aircraftEditor.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\airportCustomization.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\editor.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\GSX Level 2 Control Panel.exe not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\GSX_manual.pdf not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\MetroFramework.dll not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\parkingDialog.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\parkingEditor.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\rules_handling.cfg not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\settingsDialog.pye not found on remote
REMOVING File F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\__init__.pye not found on remote
Removing folder F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager\Simobjects\Misc\FSDT_Pointer\mode.node_active
Completed"

Thereafter GSX is no longer working due to the deleting of the files (see above) I think. But why are these files not found on the remote update server? (antivirus was disabled)

After full installer was ready and before the above mentioned second update process started, I made a backup of my AddonManager-Folder (F:\Tools\GSX\Addon Manager). If I restore this backup, GSX runs fine. So the update process seems to kill important files, apparent beacause it can't find these files on the update server. Any suggestions please?

Regards,
Ralph
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 11:15:41 pm by Ralph_EDDK »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: new Couatl-Updater kills some files in "Addon Manager/couatl/GSX"
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:30:54 pm »
We probably found the problem, and your report seems to confirm it.

You can install GSX in any drive but, the root folder you choose, should NOT contain the "GSX" name in it!

Yes, it's not supposed to happen, and we'll surely fix this, but it does happen, and I think you'll solve the issue by Uninstalling ( and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?", so you can choose a new folder next time ) and reinstalling in a folder that doesn't contain the GSX name in it.

F:\Tools in your case is perfectly fine, since it will result in installing everything under F:\Tools\Addon Manager

iMove Quick

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 10:39:46 am »
I was also wondering why it was deleting those files, but trying the solution with installing GSx without "GSX" in the root folder.

iMove Quick

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 10:48:16 am »
I was also wondering why it was deleting those files, but trying the solution with installing GSx without "GSX" in the root folder.

I can now confirm that GSX is working again!