Author Topic: Update Problem AFCAD File Stock Airport used  (Read 1637 times)

h0155apd

Update Problem AFCAD File Stock Airport used
« on: July 03, 2019, 05:34:00 pm »
Dear virtuali,

since the update on some airports (like LJLJ) GSX dont use the valid AFCAD in scebery folder, instead of that the AFCAD of stock Airport is used. I have a lot of airports with GSX Jetways, so they are missing now on all that airports.

What can I do to fix it?

In GSX file, I have entered the correct folder for airports AFCAD.

Thanks.

Best regards

Oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Update Problem AFCAD File Stock Airport used
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 05:45:38 pm »
Nothing in the update can possibly change this.

GSX will read the AFCAD in scenery area priority order and if an AFCAD is not read, there might be many reasons ( not complete, too big, corrupted, not in the correct order, etc.), and none of them have anything to do with the update.

You can try enabling Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, and choose "Restart and rebuild the airport cache" in the Couatl menu.

After the cache has been rebuilt, exit the sim and check the log file at %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG, if it says some files has been rejected and why.

h0155apd

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 06:59:18 pm »
runs now, I have disabled the scenery and enable than again, then GSX was building up new cache.

thanksfor answer

best regards

oliver

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 07:00:43 pm »
Note that you can always force a cache rebuild from the Couatl menu, if you have issues with AFCAD not recognized. This sometimes happens if you rename a .BGL.