Author Topic: Updating to FS9 broken - Can not find Sim Folder.  (Read 3565 times)

justadude

Updating to FS9 broken - Can not find Sim Folder.
« on: July 01, 2019, 03:12:11 pm »
So I downloaded the program on this site as instructed and ran in only to get the error message Flight Simulator not found, please select its Folder!

Here is the thing: I did select the correct Folder. Your program does not seem to be able to recognize it.

The really sad part about this is that when I go to edit positions in GSX, Coualt complains that some addon is forcing it to restart, so the mentioned update is required.

An update that can not be performed.

So what is up with that?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:15:48 pm by justadude »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Updating to FS9 broken - Can not find Sim Floder.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 03:16:03 pm »
What do you mean with "Updating to FS9" ? We stopped supporting FS9 years ago and, since 2011, nothing related to FS9 has been updated. Also, you are posting in the GSX section, and GSX was never available for FS9.

justadude

Re: Updating to FS9 broken - Can not find Sim Folder.
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 03:22:14 pm »
So, after running the update for GSX and Level 2 in P3Dv4.5 I edited positions at Aerosoft EDDF 2 and like in the above post was told some addon was forcing Couatl to restart.

Your program then opened this site:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/products_addonmanager.html

and told me to apply this update.

Is the restart thing normal? If so, is there a way to turn of the message. If not what can be done?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 03:27:31 pm »
So, after running the update for GSX and Level 2 in P3Dv4.5 I edited positions at Aerosoft EDDF 2 and like in the above post was told some addon was forcing Couatl to restart.

Your program then opened this site:

The message didn't said just that. It also said to open the error log, so you check for the error details, which is useful when reporting an error to us.

justadude

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 03:28:57 pm »
Yes, it did. I was just copying it to post here, considering it is much more useful that my posts :)

couatl v3.2 (build 4231)
panic log started on Mon Jul  1 15:27:28 2019

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 556, in customizeAirport
  File ".\GSX\parkingEditor.py", line 1280, in onExit
  File ".\GSX\__init__.py", line 661, in parkingEditorDidFinish
  File ".\GSX\parkingServices\__init__.py", line 147, in resetGate
  File ".\GSX\parkingServices\__init__.py", line 141, in facilityDidClose
  File ".\GSX\parkingServices\marshaller.py", line 284, in destroy
  File ".\GSX\parkingServices\basic.py", line 183, in destroy
  File ".\GSX\parkingServices\basic.py", line 245, in removeMarkers
NameError: global name 'rttArea_MarshallerDist' is not defined
{'Airport': 'EDDF', 'Requested assistance services at': 'Gate A 66', 'Requested parking services to': 'Gate A 62', 'User Pos': (50.046842257867105, 8.561699515763735, 115.237 m, 4.29006 m, 339.34008824433226)}
Slew mode False

There you go.

I assume the link and program have little to do with the actual issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 03:31:16 pm »
That error which happens only FSX, has already been fixed in the current Live Update.

justadude

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2019, 03:33:18 pm »
If you are talking about not finding the folder, that is what I found too. No reference to P3d. What about the error log?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2019, 03:37:33 pm »
If you are talking about not finding the folder, that is what I found too. No reference to P3d. What about the error log?

I don't know what do you mean with "not finding the folder". I haven't made any comments on finding the folder. You posted an error log, and I told you THIS error (the one you posted), has been already fixed in the current Live Update.

If the installer cannot find the simulator, it means you registry keys are corrupted. This is common when making the mistake of removing or MOVING the sim without reinstalling. Have you done that ?

justadude

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2019, 03:47:52 pm »
Nope, I did not move the sim folder. Is the page and the program meant for P3dv4.5?

I exited P3D, when live updater told me too. then started Coualt_updater.exe, ran that. Then got a message that GSX was out of date and ran Couatl_updater2.exe

The page I posted was opened on my screen on multiple occasions. I tried the install and got the error message and log.

GSX & Level2 work fine in the sim. The error persists when I edit positions

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2019, 03:51:30 pm »
Nope, I did not move the sim folder. Is the page and the program meant for P3dv4.5?

Well, if the simulator wasn't found, you surely have an issue with the registry. Or, could be you tried to install the FSX version into P3D 4 ? That's normal, since we have a separate installer for P3D.

About the error, I can only confirm it has been fixed in the current Live Update. Perhaps you local update server wasn't update yet so, just try again now.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 03:59:49 pm by virtuali »

justadude

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2019, 04:11:41 pm »
After reapplying the reg keys from the original install, the problem was resolved.

So it seems to have been a registry issue.

Thanks for the help in resolving this.