Author Topic: Addon Manager not working on P3D V4.4?...FINALLY SOLVED...check GSX2 prevents  (Read 1512 times)

louis1900

Good evening FSDT team.

I have some issue regarding with addon manager in p3d v4.4

i just recently updated my p3d to v4.4, which i did by using the client from prepared.

after updating p3d, i launched it as always with admon priviledges, but for some reason, just after the sim pops up the normal prepared academic window, appearently after loading for some seconds (i know it loads cause the mouse changes to loading, the little loading logo), the prepared window just disappeared and it seems that prepared did not load; however, by checking the apps open in process lasso (3rd party), and/or with (ctrl+shift+esc)  p3d actually loaded and it's "open". i say "open" because for the system it seems it working fine but it's  not.  the normal screen that shows after prepared loads for a few seconds where you select the A/C, Scenery weather and daytime,
does not show up.

i know that the addon manager is causing this issue because i made a full clean install of p3d, uninstalling EVERYTHING and started from 0.

by installing each 3rd party software one by one, opening p3d to check that everything was going normal until i was trying to install KLAX.

KLAX requires addon manager also GSX level 2 and to be installed, so i installed these first.

After the addon manager ans GSX level 2 installation, i installed KLAX. tried to run p3d but the same thing mentioned before happened again.  i started to think that maybe klax or gsx was the problem, so i uninstalled these two and tried to rerun p3d. IT DID NOT.

maybe i was installing and old version of addon manager, so i linked your website diectly to install the standalone addon manager that is on your products and that did not work.

without addon manager no gsx and no airports from you guys i can use.

please can i have some help here? believe me that i've been trying all day and still i have this issue.  

there are 2 pics to show you process lasso p3d running and a pic from desktop just a milisec before p3d first loading screen disappeares from desktop.

thanks for your help, any other info you need, i'm more than willing to assist you.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:37:03 pm by louis1900 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager not working on P3D V4.4???
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 10:25:52 am »
The Addon Manager obviously works with P3D 4.4. I already replied to you in this thread about possible antivirus/firewall interference, which is the usual cause of a silent quit on start:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,20654.0.html

In addition to that, the thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread lists all the known solutions for any missing or not working menus in the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656