Author Topic: GSX recently stopped reading ini file in scenery  (Read 1704 times)

p3dx3

GSX recently stopped reading ini file in scenery
« on: March 08, 2019, 03:29:25 pm »
I made changes to the parking radius of gates in the gsx ini file the scenery developer provided. GSX does not read that information and says the gate is too small. I change in the menus to make the radius bigger and it creates a new gsx ini file in my appdata and then GSX reads it and says the gate is now big enough. Delete that ini file, and paste over the entire section of the parking spot to the ini in the scenery folder and GSX says the gate is too small again. It is not reading the main scenery ini.
I tried it with your LAX scenery. Changing parking radius numbers in the ini file in the fsdt klax scenery folder does nothing. I have to make changes to the gsx ini file in the users\appdata etc
Prepar3d 4.4 and Auto Updater ran with beta dll fix

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX recently stopped reading ini file in scenery
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 12:51:59 pm »
GSX surely always reads the .INI file of the scenery.

The parking radius has a lower priority of the Max Wingspan setting so, if you change it after having specified a Max Wingspan, you can change it as big as you like, it still won't affect the decision if the parking is big enough for the airplane. This is correct, since the Max Wingspan should correctly have the highest priority over the parking radius, which will be meaningful only when NO Max Wingspan has been specified and yes, you might have good reasons to set the radius independently of the Max Wingspan, since the Max Wingspan is used ONLY to decide of the parking is suitable for the airplane, but the radius is used to place vehicles, but only if NO custom placement is used. If you place the vehicle starting positions manually, then the radius won't be used for anything.