Author Topic: GSX AND AIRPORT ALTITUDE IN METERS OR FEET  (Read 1692 times)

quentcor

GSX AND AIRPORT ALTITUDE IN METERS OR FEET
« on: March 04, 2019, 08:03:00 pm »
Hi,
Does anyone know whether GSX automatically adjusts to an airport's altitude, whether it is expressed in meters or feet in the AFCAD airport properties?

My P3D settings under General are set to hybrid (feet/millibars) and I wonder whether this confuses GSX if the airport altitude is defined in meters in the AFCAD?

It appears to affect the pushback by causing the deicing menu to appear without exception.

Quentin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX AND AIRPORT ALTITUDE IN METERS OR FEET
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 11:09:09 pm »
Does anyone know whether GSX automatically adjusts to an airport's altitude, whether it is expressed in meters or feet in the AFCAD airport properties?

My P3D settings under General are set to hybrid (feet/millibars) and I wonder whether this confuses GSX if the airport altitude is defined in meters in the AFCAD?

GSX surely won't be confused, since the only thing it does is asking the simulator about a Metar report, and nowhere is required (or even possible) to include the airport altitude.

It appears to affect the pushback by causing the deicing menu to appear without exception.

It doesn't. As already discussed so many times on the forum, the deicing request can come for "no reason", whenever the Metar report is missing, corrupted, wrong, with a syntax error so, we purposely decided to err on the side of caution and, instead or *preventing* a deice you might need, we decided to *allow* it, since you can obviously just reply No to it.

Again, this is only happening when the Metar report has a problem.

And, as already explained in all relevant threads, in order not to let user this was a GSX "bug" (it's a correct design decision on what to do when a corrupted Metar, or no Metar, arrives), in the next update we'll change the icing detection system, as explained here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19670.msg137432.html#msg137432