Author Topic: How to disable GSX Expansion  (Read 7744 times)

raynuss

Re: How to disable GSX Expansion
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2018, 12:44:05 pm »
Regardless of the fact you want the expansion or not, we still require the whole of the Level 2 FILES to be installed, because we need it for OUR sceneries, so you really have no saying in what we include in our installer, and it's obviously more efficient to include all the addon jetways set in ONE installer (GSX one), rather than replicating it over and over in all our sceneries installers.

So you're actually saying that I have no right to to choose what I want to download to my computer as far as FSTD is concerned?  I'm not telling you what to include in your installer, I'm just saying that you have no right to force a trial version of a program (Level 2) on me that I never asked for and I don't want with no way of removing it without disabling features of the program I paid for (Level 1).  ??? >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: How to disable GSX Expansion
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 02:17:08 pm »
So you're actually saying that I have no right to to choose what I want to download to my computer as far as FSTD is concerned?

That's not what I said, of course. I said you cannot decide what we include in our installers.

I'm not telling you what to include in your installer

It seems you are saying exactly that.

I'm just saying that you have no right to force a trial version of a program (Level 2) on me that I never asked for and I don't want with no way of removing it without disabling features of the program I paid for (Level 1).  ??? >

You don't lose ANY of the GSX basic features you paid for since, as I've said already, if you disable the Level 2 Jetways in the GSX Control Panel, GSX will still operate as it always did and, If I understood your previous complain, your ONLY leftover issue is that, on the 3 TRIAL AIRPORTS, there's no way to turn off the Trial features.

To fix this, I already suggested several options. You can TRY an additional one, by removing this folder:

Addon Manager\couatl\GSX\DLC

This should remove Level 2 even on the 3 Trial airports, as you asked. Doing a Live Update will restore it, so you'll have to remove it each time after you run a Live Update.