Author Topic: Need of higher A380 Jetways  (Read 2435 times)

AirbusA330

Need of higher A380 Jetways
« on: January 01, 2019, 07:07:00 pm »
Hello, and first of all: happy new year!

During the last month I did a lot of GSX V2 configurations to use at multiple airports around the world.
 Doing this I experienced that a lot of A380 Upper Deck Jetways at Addon scenery airports can’t be replaced by GSX Jetways because even the upper deck Jetways available in GSX  are too low to match the connection points of the terminal buildings in the scenery. So I’d like to request an upper deck jetway model (preferably ThyssenKrupp) with increased height. It would be a really needed at airports like FRA, DXB, DOH and many more to replace the default jetways at those airports adequately.

Many thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Need of higher A380 Jetways
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 11:34:46 am »
We modeled the special A380 jetway according to real world measurements so, it's accurate to the centimeter.

Of course, we cannot possibly be sure that every 3rd party airport out there has been modeled correctly in height. That's why, we provided with several "Slanted" bridges, which can be identified with an "S" in their name, that can be used to connect to airport structures that are higher than the jetway so, using a combination of different variations of the Slanted bridge and their placement, you should be able to fit any airport structure.

AirbusA330

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 12:44:56 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  So the jetway you modeled is really the only one available from ThyssenKrupp? Don’t they produce individual types according to the needs of the customer (airport)?
Then at a lot of airports the upper deck jetways must be modeled much too high. Thats interesting for me because the building models seem to fit the real ones quite well by their proportions.

Yes I tried to use the S-type bridges, but the gain in height is not enough. Also you need additional space for these bridges.  I’ll try to investigate whether the buildings are really modeled wrong. I hope I can find a solution which doesn’t “destroy” the reality-like look of the airport infrastructure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2019, 12:49:51 pm »
Thanks for your reply.  So the jetway you modeled is really the only one available from ThyssenKrupp? Don’t they produce individual types according to the needs of the customer (airport)?

Yes, but they have a standard model, so we modeled that one.

Yes I tried to use the S-type bridges, but the gain in height is not enough.

The height gained is a function of the bridge length. If you could make a precise report of which airport and which gate you cannot fit in any way, we can have a look at it.

AirbusA330

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:18:58 pm »
Thanks for your reply: Here are two screenshots I in the sim. Regardless whether I choose the 3S or the 6S bridge, the connection height does not change significantly, and remains too low. Even if a fitting S-type bridge would be available, using it causes the jetway construction to be much "longer" than in reallife. In reality the jetway should be directly connected in the same height as the connection bridge of the building. I can show example screenshots of other sceneries, too. Even if a higher upper deck jetway model is not default by thyssenkrupp, it would really allow to replicate many jetway configurations not possible yet.