Author Topic: Captain Sim 757 III  (Read 2727 times)

bizjet

Captain Sim 757 III
« on: November 23, 2018, 02:50:10 pm »
I'm having a problem with the latest updates and Captain Sim 757 III. For some strange reason this is the only aircraft it affects. I will load the aircraft cold and dark then start using checklists and pushback as normal but right before I start the engines I lose ATC and unable to start the engines. I've started the engines just fine without GSX, but GSX and the 757 are the only aircraft that reacts like this. GSX is fine with every other aircraft except this one. I'm sending the same message to Captain also. Any insight is appreciated.

zk

Re: Captain Sim 757 III
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2018, 07:07:12 pm »
Can’t imagine this has anything to do with gsx.....but what the hell do i know. I did have similar problems with the CS 757 after slewing the aircraft into a gate position. Any chance you used the slew function before starting the engines?

bizjet

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2018, 10:16:16 pm »
Nope.. loaded the 757 cold and dark. Thanks for the input. Have'nt heard a word from FS Dream Team.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 12:16:33 am »
The only possible explanation for this to be happening is:

- Captain sim is interfacing with GSX (we don't know if they did it, but the procedure is fully documented in the manual, so they don't require our support to do it), and is linking its electrical system to the availability of a GSX jetway with a power unit.

- The jetway disconnected, so you lost power, because you should have turned on the APU before disconnecting the jetway.

The latest update, in fact, IMPROVES on the previous version, and delays the automatic jetway disconnection until you call for departure. With the previous version, it disconnected as soon boarding ended, and this caused a problem with airplanes (like the Leonardo Maddog X), which we know are interfacing with GSX to get electrical power from jetways. But I have no idea if Captain Sim does the same for the 757.

KarlT

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2018, 04:03:15 pm »
From the previous post... no help at all from GSX or Captain Sim... This is the only aircraft this problem occurs.. I narrowed it down.. when I request loading of passengers GSX cuts out ATC totally. Then I'm unable to start the engines. There's no problem at all when I don't use GSX. Somebody, anybody? Angry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 03:59:36 pm »
when I request loading of passengers GSX cuts out ATC totally.

Sorry, but GSX cannot possibly have any effect on the ATC.

And of course, since you said yourself "This is the only aircraft this problem occurs", that's clearly cannot possibly that have anything to do with GSX, but something strange the airplane is doing, perhaps in connection with GSX trying to interface with it, that's why you assume it's GSX, but it's not.