Author Topic: Disable Straight Pushback Issue  (Read 1257 times)

QFA1213

Disable Straight Pushback Issue
« on: December 08, 2018, 01:21:59 am »
Hi Umberto,

I've only got around to posting now but a few months/updates ago the behaviour of the straight pushback slider changed.

Before the update, setting the straight pushback distance to 0 completely disabled the option.
Now, any value less than 1 defaults to 1m.

The UI and this post still suggest behaviour should remain the same: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11311.msg87069.html#msg87069

While this issue is global (all aircraft/airports), this test was at:
Default YPKA (No customisation first test then pushback "none" with the same result)
Gate 2
PMDG 737-800W NGX
P3D v4.4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the topic of straight pushbacks, while reading previous threads, the old argument about completely disabling pushback and/or the pushback tug came up multiple times.

From what I gathered your view is tug should remain because:
  • user might still want a [straight] pushback
  • the AFCAD might be incorrectly set up.

Your solution was to hide the tug in another area (general vehicle parking area or some other location out of the way).

The issue I see with that is that if the user is going to get into that level of customisation, it would be assumed that they have already edited the pushback setting if appropriate.

So I have a completely different idea.

My suggestion, in cases where pushback is set to none, is to treat the pushback tug in a similar way to baggage carts/catering vehicles and have it spawn in a vehicle spot and drive over if required.

This way pushback would always be available but the tug not visible. This also simulates that idea that the tugs are often shared between different bays.

Thanks
Brendan