Author Topic: Marshaller works, but other docking systems are blank (P3D4)  (Read 1775 times)

Timothy Metzinger

Marshaller works, but other docking systems are blank (P3D4)
« on: November 29, 2018, 05:25:24 am »
This may be a stupid question, but I did RTFM and didn't find anything, so...

I've added a safedock system on a stand but while the stand shows up, it doesn't function.  I've seen in other add-on sceneries that have similar systems that they don't work in P3Dv4, so I'm wondering if this is a known limitation in P3Dv4 or if I actually have a problem. 

And, of course, if it IS a limitation, is it something that SODE will fix someday, or is it permanent?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Marshaller works, but other docking systems are blank (P3D4)
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 11:59:25 am »
GSX Safedocks work perfectly with P3D4, I'm not sure why some developers provide different (lesser functioning) docking systems in P3D4, when there are no reasons for doing so. Maybe it's because they cannot be made using the old FS8/9 code, but that's not how ours ever worked so no, P3D4 is not an issue.

Maybe you assumed they work like in other sceneries: automatically when you get close. That's not how they work in GSX. In order to better optimize the fps, all docking systems are entirely static by default, and only the one linked to the chosen gate will activate, after you select that Gate from GSX to be serviced.

Timothy Metzinger

Re: Marshaller works, but other docking systems are blank (P3D4)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 01:17:16 pm »
GSX Safedocks work perfectly with P3D4, I'm not sure why some developers provide different (lesser functioning) docking systems in P3D4, when there are no reasons for doing so. Maybe it's because they cannot be made using the old FS8/9 code, but that's not how ours ever worked so no, P3D4 is not an issue.

Maybe you assumed they work like in other sceneries: automatically when you get close. That's not how they work in GSX. In order to better optimize the fps, all docking systems are entirely static by default, and only the one linked to the chosen gate will activate, after you select that Gate from GSX to be serviced.
Thanks!