Author Topic: GSX is doing a very bad job at Gates like EDDF Gate C4 or TNCM Gate A4  (Read 1706 times)

torsten

at Gates like these GSX is doing a very bad poor Job.
But tat is not the Problem. The Problem is , it is not Possible in GSX to correct that.
As i wrote in another Post, please change the Setup Procedure for Gates like these
like Better Pushack is doing for X-Plane.
Here it is very much better and much much easyer to do the Setup, then in GSX seachring for coordinates
and hoping not to end up with the Nose pointing to the Gate C4 AFTER pushing back in EDDF.
That is a very poor job and in the Setup for such a Gate it is not possible to set up the
Nose Position at the End of the Pushback.

It would be great to have the possibility to set up the end position and pushback path in the
Position setup dialog.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX is doing a very bad job at Gates like EDDF Gate C4 or TNCM Gate A4
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 02:40:00 pm »
at Gates like these GSX is doing a very bad poor Job.

Which is ?

But tat is not the Problem. The Problem is , it is not Possible in GSX to correct that.

And why you think so ?

As i wrote in another Post, please change the Setup Procedure for Gates like these like Better Pushack is doing for X-Plane.

The way that x-plane plugin works, is not the best way to make a pushback, because it forces you to do something that you are not even supposed to do, as a pilot: directing the pushback each time, which is something the pushback truck should figure it out automatically by itself.

GSX pushback, instead, IS able to figure out a pushback by itself, automatically, most of the times.

But in SOME positions, depending how the scenery is made, you might have to customize the position using a custom pushback node, as explained in the manual.

It would be great to have the possibility to set up the end position and pushback path in the Position setup dialog.

Please make a precise example of:

- Which gate you are pushing from

- Which position you would like to end up to

And then I can tell you if it's *really* not possible to do that in GSX.