Author Topic: Getting Tired of GSX  (Read 2732 times)

Danielgarzag

Getting Tired of GSX
« on: December 27, 2018, 07:46:09 am »
I can't believe the number of errors and problems that GSX is having, literally GSX won't get the correct AFCAD for any scenery at all now and if it does, it gets the default AFCAD and takes 200 seconds to regenerate the airport cache to end up not doing anything and having the same AFCAD loaded.

Why does GSX have to be such a pain in the butt?!

Guenseli

Re: Getting Tired of GSX
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 03:30:01 pm »
You should investigate which issues your specific system has as I couldn't reproduce any of your complaints here.

NETWIZ

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2018, 05:54:26 pm »
I am also getting the same problem and uninstalling it right now.

Michel Beaulieu

headley

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2018, 10:18:46 pm »
A few weeks ago i was in your position, with some errors that i could not solved.
Then i startted digging in this forum, and believe it or not, but i found my answers and slowly start getting the hang of it.
I would not say that GSX has no longer secrets for me but at least i'm starting to have fun with it, and start to understand why some errors pop up or why something not works like it should be...
Patience, and ask here on the forum if you have a problem, maybe some day you will like it as i do (and so many others  ;).
Regards,

William V.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 09:45:18 am »
I can't believe the number of errors and problems that GSX is having

It surely doesn't.

, literally GSX won't get the correct AFCAD for any scenery at all now

That's because your simulator install is likely full of scenery conflicts.

and if it does, it gets the default AFCAD

Which confirms the above suspicion.

and takes 200 seconds to regenerate the airport cache

That's because you haven't configured the antivirus to exclude the simulator folder, and/or the folders where you have your sceneries installed, so you are ALREADY slowing down your sim just because of that, and GSX is only made this apparent.

It shouldn't take more than 5-10 seconds to regenerate the cache, and surely less than 30 with an insanely high number of sceneries installed.

to end up not doing anything and having the same AFCAD loaded.

As I've said, GSX is only showing a problem you already had, which are conflicting sceneries.

Of course, it's possible to check this, and if you enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page and recreate the airport cache, the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file which will be generated, will likely tell you why the airports files might have been rejected, which can be due to a number of reasons, like conflicting files, corrupted .BGLs, too big .BGL.s, etc.

It's always best to dig into the REAL cause of the problems, before saying GSX "is bugged", because most of the time, it's only doing an useful service of pointing you out to a problem you already had in your install, which you might never know otherwise.

So, do the troubleshooting, and report back.

Danielgarzag

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 06:59:08 am »
Hello,

I changed the file size in the .ini file and some airports are now loading but some are not yet, still trying to fix this.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2019, 01:40:17 pm »
I changed the file size in the .ini file and some airports are now loading but some are not yet, still trying to fix this.

It would be helpful if you could identify those airports. And of course, the previous suggestion still stands:

Iif you enable logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings page and recreate the airport cache, the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file which will be generated, will likely tell you why the airports files might have been rejected, which can be due to a number of reasons, like conflicting files, corrupted .BGLs, too big .BGL.s, etc.