Author Topic: Cannot for the life of me get jetway to attach to PMDG 777-200LR  (Read 2506 times)

mtkach5

Hi,

I really love the new expansion and it works great with my PMDG 737-800NGX but I am having significant trouble connecting the jetway to the PMDG 777-200LR. I have spent hours trying to tweak the different things like aircraft position and the angle at which the jetway stands relative to the aircraft but I still can't get it to start moving and attach. Could anyone please guide me to the right direction? It seems to work perfectly with my 737 but it just won't budge with my 777. Thanks!

-Max

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cannot for the life of me get jetway to attach to PMDG 777-200LR
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2018, 10:09:42 pm »
The jetways surely work with the PMDG 777 but, you must keep in mind the Preferred Exit on this airplane has been configured, by default, to be on door 2L. This means, you will have to park the airplane much further ahead than a 737, so the L2 exit can be reached by the jetway.

That's why there's the option to customize the Stop Position too. I suggest you read the chapter "Understanding the Stop Position" at Page 33 of the GSX manual, which explains how the Stop Position relates to the airplane Preferred exit.

I also explained it here as well:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19471.msg134998.html#msg134998

mtkach5

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2018, 10:34:27 pm »
Right, I figured that. I park the 777 much past the area where I park the 737 but there is still nothing happening. I have moved around the jetway and done so much, tried many different models. I'll give the chapter a read. Do you have any other advice?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2018, 10:41:03 pm »
It's possible the jetway model you chose wasn't long enough to reach the higher door height of the airplane instead. But there are many that can, in the list of 80+ models available.

mtkach5

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2018, 08:36:08 pm »
I'm sorry, can somebody just show me a screenshot of where a good stop position is and which jetway to use? I'm still unable to get it to work, although I had it unrealistically connect to door 4L, which was not very helpful.

I'm sorry for the newbish questions but in my defense, I didn't plan on becoming a jetway designer when I purchased the expansion.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2018, 02:27:39 pm »
I'm still unable to get it to work, although I had it unrealistically connect to door 4L, which was not very helpful.

You have likely chose a jetway which is too long: long enough to resolve the 4L door, but too long to reach the 2L.

Are you sure you are using the airplane configuration that comes with GSX for the PMDG 777 ? Check if the airplane configuration says "GSX internal data". If it doesn't, RESET so GSX will use its own data, instead of a customization you made, which might not be correct.