Author Topic: Aircraft cfg file corrupted when saved from the customize aircraft menu  (Read 2620 times)

flyboy53

Dont know if this was the cause of the non recognition of my open doors and still beeping me to close exit 2 on 747-8
but i did notice that my door positions were not being saved correctly..
As an example, quite a few times I repeated this with same results....
Door elevations I place at 4.92 for the 747-8 and when looking at the config file under aircraft it was saving it as 0.92
In other lines it was totally changing the data....
I will try it after editing the file manually...
Is there anyone else having this issue?

I have attached a sequence of files and pics...

1. In Sim customize aircraft menu with those same dimensions.. using door 2 as an example.. (Note the elevation of 4.92 which in the next image shows coordinates in 3d)
2. 3d Editing position of the 4.92 elevation of door entrance.. (All passenger and service doors have this elevation)
3. gsx.cfg file I finally manually modified to match the coordinates of the doors for the pmdg 747-8 which you will see in the first 2 pics. (I did this post the first two pics because I was getting very weird results on this same file..... But after loading p3d with the new cfg.. the next twotell the story
5. In Sim customize aircraft menu with new elevation dimensions.. using door 2 as an example.. (Note the elevation of 8.90 which in the next image shows coordinates in 3d)
6. 3d Editing position of the 8.90 elevation of door entrance.. (All passenger and service doors have this elevation)

I am totally at a loss..... (The gsx.cfg uploaded file is between the 2 and 3rd images.. hard to see...)
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 04:36:11 am by flyboy53 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aircraft cfg file corrupted when saved from the customize aircraft menu
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2018, 01:11:24 pm »
The graphic editor shows the current height from ground, because that's easier to understand, since the graphic editor it's the only thing you are supposed to use.

But when it saves the settings in the GSX.CFG, they are saved as RELATIVE to the airplane center of mass. This is done to allow a configuration made with a certain payload ( payload = weight = height from ground ), to be used with a different payload. But this is not something you should be concerned with, it's handled by the editor, which will always work.

Your issue is JUST that you are using the wrong GSX.CFG, the one initially uploaded in the sharing section, which had an error in the first door, reading the default variable ( code = 0 ), instead of the custom L: var used by PMDG.

The updated file I've posted in the sharing section is correct.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:20:01 pm by virtuali »

flyboy53

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2018, 03:18:55 pm »
And the door one error you point out, is from a cfg I copied that you sir told me would solve my problems before you shared yours.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 05:18:55 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2018, 05:18:43 pm »
And the door one error you point out, is from a cfg I copied that you sir told me would solve my problems before you shared yours.

I told that file posted by another forum user would work, because another forum user said it did for him so, unless proven otherwise, I have no reasons to doubt users. But then, after some other user reported that file had that error, I checked it myself and, FINALLY, it was fixed.

So, does it work now, with the file as posted ?

flyboy53

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2018, 06:45:44 pm »
As I mentioned in another post, All is working well without the custom "L" string as I had done myself.
 and Its that when I loaded it before, it wasn't saving my measurements.. ie door positions....
and as you confirmed, the difference between the 4.92 and 8,90  is your internal offset
But mine works great now with the exception of the parking breaks.... though I am not using the door 1 "L" variable.
Thank you....