Author Topic: De Icing and departure issue  (Read 1804 times)

sw34669

De Icing and departure issue
« on: September 20, 2018, 12:44:38 pm »

I have noticed with GSX1 and L2 that if i'm at an HAA (High Altitude Airport), for example, denver, telluride, eagle vale, even KABQ *and* the temperature is nice and warm, I get a de-icing prompt from Mr Pushback. It was 27C in ABQ the other day and my airline would hang me out to dry if I had a few $k of fluid. I assume that Mr Pushback is the part owner in a large US chemical company that produces glycol :)

I use p3d4.3 and active_pie weather; which does not show icing conditions (hot temp > 20C and no clouds on departure). What am I doing wrong ?

Secondly, I know this is an old one, but i get it 1 or 2 times in 10. After boarding is complete, everything has gone ok I ask for pushback and just see the text "departure clearance requested". Nothing happens, i have to use the reset option on the ctrl F12 menu and then ask for pushback again. I have seen this with L1 and L2.

sw34669

Re: De Icing and departure issue
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 03:28:40 pm »

Just had the issue "departure clearance requested" but nothing else happening at EGPF gate 22 (GSX2 replaced gate)

Also at gate 4J at Belfast EGAC - interesting sequence

After boarding the gate is undocked
Boarding requested - just get the clearance requested
Ask for clearance again and the gate re-docks
Go into the GSX ctrl F12 menu to undock gate and see no jetway ops possible
Ask for clearance again it undocks the gate but again just sits there
Reset position and all works

For sure a glitch of some sort

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: De Icing and departure issue
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 03:14:05 pm »
I assume that Mr Pushback is the part owner in a large US chemical company that produces glycol :)

You can always tell him to go away...we'll check this, of course.

Secondly, I know this is an old one, but i get it 1 or 2 times in 10. After boarding is complete, everything has gone ok I ask for pushback and just see the text "departure clearance requested". Nothing happens, i have to use the reset option on the ctrl F12 menu and then ask for pushback again. I have seen this with L1 and L2.

It's almost impossible for us to troubleshoot this without a precise reproducible case, which can be tested every time. Try to remember what you did, the next time it happens.