Author Topic: Couatl Scripting engine hasn't started  (Read 2577 times)

rverhallen

Couatl Scripting engine hasn't started
« on: September 13, 2018, 10:01:11 pm »
I have purchased  GSX2 when it was released. Been using GSX1 since it came out. So far I have not had any problems until I ran the FSDT Live Update yesterday.
Now when I start P3dv4 at any airport, default or payware, I get a Couatl error about a minute later. I have no GSX menu in the addon menu but the Addon Manager is their and shows both GSX and GSX2 as valid.The Error I get is "The Couatl Scripting engine hasn't started. This is usually caused by an antivirus that has blocked it. To fix this problem: Exit for the simulator. Configure the Antivirus and and the addon manager folder to the antivirus Exclusion list. Lauch the FSDT Live Update or reinstall the software".   

My complete Sim in on a seperate SSD Drive and is Excluded from Window defender. I have also tried it with the AV turned off. I have run the Live update several times and tried re-installing GSX2. Same problem. Any ideas on what to try next?

Windows 10pro, P3Dv4.3, FSUIPC 5 (latest), Chaseplane, lots of payware aircraft and scenery.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl Scripting engine hasn't started
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 10:30:35 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,18600.msg129143.html#msg129143

which explains how to run a test on Couatl.exe, which might give some kind of error message explaining why it cannot start.

rverhallen

Re: Couatl Scripting engine hasn't started
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 12:38:39 am »
Tried the Couatl test and nothing popped up, so a good sign. Tried uninstalling and re-installing the C++ runtimes as you suggested, still no go.

I completely un-installed GSX2 and the add-on manager this time, re-downloaded the newer GSX2 full install file and re-installed it. This time it worked.

Thanks for your help.