Author Topic: GSX L2 documentation?  (Read 2218 times)

w6kd

GSX L2 documentation?
« on: September 12, 2018, 11:47:12 pm »
Umberto;

Is the documentation for the new GSX L2 available somewhere for download/perusal short of running the new installer?  

I'd like to read through it before deciding whether to jump from the safety of the current version to the new one.  Am I reading it correctly that reverting back to the previous existing GSX environment is only possible via a restore from system backup--in other words, uninstalling the new GSX and reinstalling the old version with an archived GSX v1 installer will not work due to the live update now serving files for the new version?

One particular question I have is whether it's necessary to replace *all* default jetways at once--can just a few default jetways at a particular airport be excluded and replaced with SODE GSX jetways, or is it an all-or-nothing proposition?

Regards

Bob Scott
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:54:56 pm by w6kd »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX L2 documentation?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:19:30 am »
Like any other Windows program, the installer has created a group Fsdreamteam in your Windows start group, with a link to the manual.

Am I reading it correctly that reverting back to the previous existing GSX environment is only possible via a restore from system backup--in other words, uninstalling the new GSX and reinstalling the old version with an archived GSX v1 installer will not work due to the live update now serving files for the new version?

If you want to return back to the old GSX, it's enough to run the old installer with the network connection disabled.

One particular question I have is whether it's necessary to replace *all* default jetways at once--can just a few default jetways at a particular airport be excluded and replaced with SODE GSX jetways, or is it an all-or-nothing proposition?

No, you can keep the default jetways if you want, but then you'll have to create single exclude files for each airport, just like as if it was a 3rd party airport with CTRL+J custom jetways. See the attached screenshot: I just restored the default jetways, and replaced only ONE, at a default airport.

w6kd

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 07:54:03 am »
Thanks Umberto.  I was trying to find a copy of the manual prior to running the new installer.

I wonder if selective replacement of just one or maybe a small handful of jetways at select airports as you describe above would be a way of reaping the benefits of the GSX-SODE jetways without triggering the blurry issue for those that are having that problem. 

One other question--I think I read that SODE has an 18000 ft top on its "simbubble"--SODE objects are not rendered if the acft overflies a SODE-enhanced airfield above that altitude.  What's the lateral limit where your new jetways are seen and rendered by the sim?  Is it possible that, with the global replacement of default jetways in place, that the sim is picking up a bunch of the new jetway objects as it flies near other airfields below the SODE ceiling during climb/descent?

Cheers

Bob Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 01:35:09 am »
What's the lateral limit where your new jetways are seen and rendered by the sim? 

Airports are loaded when flying closer than 3NM from their center so, it's about 18000 feet. This is unrelated to SODE, which enters into play only when the jetway animates.