Author Topic: Set the Pax number to be loaded  (Read 2437 times)

draci

Set the Pax number to be loaded
« on: September 11, 2018, 10:56:28 pm »
Can I somehow set the number of PAX to be boarded myself instead of having GSX calculate it based on aircaft load? In a heavy 7478i GSX with a lot of fuel and cargo I get sometimes an unrealistic 600+ passengers count from GSX which takes ages to board! Since pax are now animated I guess that boarding takes even longer at least at high pax densities. Is there a way to suppress the crew boarding at the beginning of the boarding process? I think it's rather unrealistic that the crew boards the plane immediately before the pax since there needs to be a decent amount of aircraft preparation time before pax can be allowed to board the plane.

Any help appreciated,
draci
« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 11:00:03 pm by draci »

copilot767

Re: Set the Pax number to be loaded
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2018, 11:38:17 pm »
In GSX options :

UNTICK  "Estimate passenger number" then when you press Request Boarding - Then In the green bar you can set your own number and press ENTER

Chris from Denmark

garymccl

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 01:14:20 am »
It's the speed at which they board that's an issue I think. They never queue - it just seems to be one or two people at the time.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:50:39 am »
The overall boarding/deboarding speed is controlled by the Passenger Density slider in the GSX settings.

chusair

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 01:52:47 pm »
I have no idea on how to set up the passenger speed and yes it is by default very slow...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 02:38:15 pm »
I have no idea on how to set up the passenger speed and yes it is by default very slow...

The passengers speed is not slow, and cannot be increased. As I've said in my previous message, the overall speed of the entire boarding process is directly affected by the Passenger Density slider.

And of course, on a gate, if there are two jetways, it will take half time, just like in real life. And on an apron, with a plane with 3 passenger stairs, it will take 1/3rd of of the time required compared so a single stair.

draci

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 07:08:25 pm »
Thank you all for your valuable hints,

does anybody know whether it is possible to suppress the boarding of the crew or at least uncouple it from the loading of the PAX?

Best regards
draci
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:08:00 pm by draci »