Author Topic: Missing Addon Manager in P3DV4 **SOLVED**  (Read 2887 times)

ReLU.

Missing Addon Manager in P3DV4 **SOLVED**
« on: June 27, 2018, 12:33:35 pm »
After several months of desolation (since September 2017) I had restarted my P3D for a casual flight, however the addon manager disappeared from my menu bar.

I have read all the availiable threads on this forum and searched everywhere on google, none of them work out.

I tried to uninstall every plugin and revert my P3D to its virign and reinstall the GSX and addon manager only without any anti-virus enabled and checked alll the XML files to be sure that no file corruption;

No luck.

Currently the couatl log says this:

Python 2.7.13 Stackless 3.1b3 060516 (default, May 22 2017, 13:45:26) [MSC v.1900 32 bit (Intel)] wxPython 3.0.2.0
couatl v3.2 (build 3995)
log started on Wed Jun 27 18:20:54 2018

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to SimConnect
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx

Please help me! ???
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 09:03:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing Addon Manager in P3DV4
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2018, 02:30:23 pm »
I have read all the availiable threads on this forum and searched everywhere on google, none of them work out.

Your log shows that both Addon Manager and Couatl ARE working. If they didn't, you wouldn't have a Couatl.LOG to begin with, and it wouldn't say it has connected to bglmanx so, your problem doesn't seem to have anything to do with all the others, which were related to such modules not starting.

I see your Couatl is not the latest version though, which is not normally possible, if you reinstalled GSX now or ran the FSDT Live Update. So, either you haven't configured the antivirus properly, or you must have replaced the Couatl.exe somehow, which won't obviously work.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning

- Run the FSDT Live Update.

The current version of Couatl.exe is 3997, but you still have 3995 so, if you still 3995 in the log, it means you did something wrong or the antivirus blocked the download of the update.

ReLU.

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 03:06:03 pm »
I sincerely appreciate your response, and I will try to run the FSDT live update thoroughly. (Last update was interrupted due to internet disconnection, probably where the issue was raised)

ReLU.

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 03:21:39 pm »
After running the Live Update, still nol luck.

Couatl was update from build 3995 to build 3997, and the log files are outputing normally, like the last one I have post (Simconnect and bglmanx are connected and working), but still nothing on the menu bar.

It seems that the couatl was terminated immediately after it started running, I've monitored this from my task manager, everytime when P3D starts, couatl follows (as configured from the add-on.xml, I guess). However as soon as the main screen (scenario screen) pops out, couatl terminates.

Could you give me more advice, or, arrange a teamviewer session please?

P.S.: all anti-virus software are turned off, even the windows defender.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 03:28:22 pm by ReLU. »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2018, 10:52:43 pm »
Please contact me in private to arrange a TM session.

ReLU.

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2018, 04:47:46 pm »
Problem detected:

An outdated sim, I'm using P3D V4.0;

However according to https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html minimum SDK platform requires V4.1+

My sincere appreciation to Umberto for solving this!

ReLU.

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 04:09:15 am »
*RESOLVED*

Problem: An outdated sim, please refer to https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html for further advisories.

Solution: Update P3D to v4.1+