Author Topic: Locating installation folder  (Read 3638 times)

Jasona1972

Locating installation folder
« on: October 24, 2017, 06:21:30 pm »
Hi there.

Normally when I want to install FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam airports the installer opens with the different simulators it can be installed into (FSX, FSX:SE, P3Dv1, P3Dv2, P3Dv3, P3Dv4) and it always correctly finds the correct installation in FSX. When I click the FSX simulator it proceeds to tell me the installation path and I can proceed to install the FSDreamTeam and Flightbeam airports. But now after I have reinstalled windows on my LapTop and of course that means that I had to reinstall FSX and all the Addons all those simulator options are faded out as if it doesnt know where to install and since they are faded out I cant choose which one. My Imagine Sim KATL and my TAXI2GATE KSEA and KMCO installed just fine along with all of my aircraft addons and utilities. I could use the browse button but I am not sure how specific I need to be in choosing the path. Can somebody please help?

Thanks
Jason

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Locating installation folder
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 10:45:14 am »
From your message, it seems you are installing using old installers, the ones with the sim icons (greyed or not), which would install automatically into the sim.

They surely worked and, if they didn't, it's likely you have a problem with your registry settings. The most common issue is to have FSX:SE installed when FSX was present, then having removed FSX.

However, it's best if you use the current installers, which will NOT install "into" the sim anymore, but in their own folder, so you won't have to install twice or more times, if you have more than one supported sim installed.

If you still have greyed options (they are not icons anymore) with the current installers, then it's sure you have a problem with your registry, which we can then find out.

koutahikaru

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2018, 11:54:34 pm »
Where should FSX:SE Addon Manager install it in?
Please tell me the folder of the installation if possible.
Thank you very much for your help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2018, 12:10:13 am »
The default location is fine, unless you don't have enough space on C: so, you can install on another drive, like D: and this will create a D:\Addon Manager folder, which is equally fine.