Author Topic: problem raised by engine or unspecified addon {'Airport': 'YGLA', 'User Pos': (-  (Read 8798 times)

Rockbuster

OOOOOOKKKKKKK

I have tried to install again and now it wants me to uninstall SODE...wihich I have and even deleted folder and tried to install fresh but it says uninstall SODE which I have many times now it just goes round and round and round.
So I cant even get to running the program now...BUT it does say this is an UPDATE   ...perhaps thats all it is .....as I dont have the parent program installed yes...no?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
If the message says you must uninstall SODE, because your version is outdated, then you must uninstall SODE. GSX will install the latest version, because it's included with it.

If you don't know how to uninstall SODE, as the GSX message says.

SODE it''s listed in the Windows Control Panel as Simobjects Display Engine.

Rockbuster

Yes I have uninstalled SODE many times from windows...but when I install latest GSX from download from site it keeps telling me that I must uninstall SODE ...so I go into windows again scroll down and uninstall SODE as well as GSX and start all over again . So even if it is the latest D/L from the site it keeps telling me 1.6.2 I think is out dated uninstall first...and I do from windows and round and round I GOOOOOOOOOO

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So even if it is the latest D/L from the site it keeps telling me 1.6.2

If GSX says you have 1.6.2, then it's NOT the latest download on the (SODE) site, because the latest download on the SODE site it's 1.6.3. And, the latest GSX installer, already includes SODE 1.6.3

Rockbuster

Yes you are right......but when I install the new GSX it does not replace it. It just keeps telling me to uninstall it ...and I do...then it does it all over again...it does not install 1.6.3 I never get there...a box comes up telling me to uninstall 1.6.2 and I have already done this. The new GSX wont install properly to make it 1.6.3

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You must have some problems in your registry, indicating SODE hasn't been removed properly, see this thread here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17918.msg125182.html#msg125182

Rockbuster

YEEEEP

Did everything deleted  key in Registry using regedit....................NO GO

Uninstalling GSX....AGAIN

Rockbuster

Ok....Now saying Error 7 ...Storage blocks destroyed.....when I installed again

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Ok....Now saying Error 7 ...Storage blocks destroyed.....when I installed again

That's not really an error, but it indicates you failed to clear the SODE registry key under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\12bPilot

Rockbuster

there is no 12b Pilot in the registry anywhere

Rockbuster

Thanks Umberto.....My FSX Steam keeps crashing now Grassieas

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
there is no 12b Pilot in the registry anywhere

If you still see that message, you surely have a SODE key in the registry.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Thanks Umberto.....My FSX Steam keeps crashing now Grassieas

If FSX crashes, it's surely NOT because of GSX, which simply cannot crash the sim by itself, since it runs entirely externally from it and, an external exe cannot crash another exe.

So, what's really happening, instead, is that your FSX is crashing for other reasons and it's making GSX crash with that error message you posted (assuming you are still seeing it now, which is not clear from your message).