Author Topic: Adding Belt Loader  (Read 2133 times)

Delta787

Adding Belt Loader
« on: May 29, 2018, 12:02:44 am »
First off, let me say that you have put out an amazing product and look forward to seeing what other features you add. I want to add a belt loader to the PMDG 777s and maybe the 747s. How do I go about doing that. I know you have to set up a custom code to where GSX sees the bulk cargo door and assigns the belt loader to that position. Are there special variables that has to be setup to do it? This is something I was thinking about doing since I saw one added on the QW 787. Would it be different being a PMDG aircraft? Just asking before I actually take the plunge into it. Thanks and keep up the good work. Can't wait to see what is in store next.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Adding Belt Loader
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2018, 12:07:10 am »
The custom code is only required to let GSX know if a door is open or close. If you prefer a belt loader, just change the loader type in the airplane configuration page.

However, keep in mind that GSX supports 2 cargo loaders on the right, and 1 main cargo loader on the left (for cargo planes). So, you cannot "add" a belt loader, you can only replace one of the two ULD loaders with a Belt loader.

Delta787

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 03:35:59 am »
Thanks for the response and I think that rules out the 777 and maybe the 747 also, because both cargo holds and bulk cargo are on the same side. Do you think that done the road someday that we might be able to add belt loaders to both Cargo and Passenger planes in addition to the other container loaders? Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2018, 11:05:51 am »
Everything is possible but, keeping in mind that adding new vehicles, especially those that are supposed to work together, will increase the chance of vehicle conflicting with each other, so it might require more user customization on the airport.