Author Topic: 'Just warp me there' function results in aircraft being shifted  (Read 2748 times)

aleksandr.popow

Hi
Trying to position my aircraft using recommended way (first select airport and place aircraft on the runway, then use GSX Parking facility, choose a parking spot and then choose the 'Just warp me there' option) I get my aircraft shifted from the center of the intended parking area just like this

But when I open parking spot customization dialog and press the 'Customize Parking' button, my aircraft suddenly gets repositioned by GSX into the appropriate centered position:

This particular parking is at FSDT KLAX Terminal 5, Gate 57, but this happens at the other gates too (did not try other airports though).

My environment:
P3D 4.2
PMDG 777-300ER
FSDT KLAX
ORBX OpenLC NA
ORBX Vector
FreeMeshX

And just to be sure GSX uses the appropriate AFCAD:

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 01:13:24 am by aleksandr.popow »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 'Just warp me there' function results in aircraft being shifted
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 10:03:10 am »
First, it seems you are trying to fit a very large airplane into a very small parking.

Also, try to read and understand Page 33-34 of the GSX manual, which explains how the stop position works, and especially the relationship with the airplane "Preferred Exit" parameter. The Warp me there will warp you to the stop position, adjusted for the preferred exit.

aleksandr.popow

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 11:42:55 am »
Thank you for your reply.

First, it seems you are trying to fit a very large airplane into a very small parking.
When I choose a parking spot through GSX menu, Terminal 5 Gate 57 is one of the parkings NOT having 'too small' at the end of their description. This makes me assume GSX detects this parking being appropriate for my aircraft. Am I correct?

Thanks for pinpointing that manual section to me. Going to read and understand the logic behind...

Alexander

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 02:07:16 pm »
When I choose a parking spot through GSX menu, Terminal 5 Gate 57 is one of the parkings NOT having 'too small' at the end of their description.

As explained on the manual, the parking is considered too small or not, based on the parking radius compared against the airplane wingspan so, if the airplane has a very long fuselage compared to the wingspan, what might be not considered too small by GSX, is in fact too small. I said it looks too small, and it certainly is, based on your screenshot.

This, combined with what you (or the airplane developer, if that plane came with a GSX configuration file) have set as the "Preferred Exit", might result in the airplane being positioned too far, because the Warp Me will try to position the PREFERRED EXIT to be aligned with a stop position.

Of course, if you think you are going to use that parking with a very long airplane with a preferred exit on the 2nd door, you'll probably want to adjust the stop position to reflect this.

aleksandr.popow

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 02:18:47 pm »
Thank's a lot  :)  It all became clear to me now.