Author Topic: GSX Animation Error?  (Read 2007 times)

B777ER

GSX Animation Error?
« on: May 07, 2018, 01:31:43 am »
Just watched my PMDG 777 get unloaded (using the default setup, i.e., have not messed around with the PMDG777 aircraft config within GSX). The front tug no longer acts correctly. The baggage containers are coming off the aircraft just fine but some of them are loaded onto the ground and then I am watching them slide across the ground to get on the roller carts behind the tug. Is this correct? The rear tug and roller carts do not do this behavior.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Animation Error?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2018, 09:41:33 am »
Doesn't happen here and, there's no difference between front and back loaders, they are exactly the same.

What other addons are you using, especially those that put an unreasonable strain on Simconnect, like weather engines ? We had a couple of reports of users with such product reporting this, caused by the fact such addons send so many commands to Simconnect in so short time, that GSX doesn't have enough time to talk with the sim, so the sim will just "miss" some commands. The user affected said it stopped happening when switching to a different weather engine.

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 11:25:58 pm »
Doesn't happen here and, there's no difference between front and back loaders, they are exactly the same.

What other addons are you using, especially those that put an unreasonable strain on Simconnect, like weather engines ? We had a couple of reports of users with such product reporting this, caused by the fact such addons send so many commands to Simconnect in so short time, that GSX doesn't have enough time to talk with the sim, so the sim will just "miss" some commands. The user affected said it stopped happening when switching to a different weather engine.

Using HiFi latest build for P3Dv4. Simserver with Remote CDU and an ACARS program. Did not have this animation error until I just updated the latest GSX update. So simconnect was not an issue prior to the very last update of GSX.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 01:39:49 pm »
Using HiFi latest build for P3Dv4. Simserver with Remote CDU and an ACARS program. Did not have this animation error until I just updated the latest GSX update.

There's an option, which is DISABLED by default, to LIMIT GSX so IT will not put too much strain on Simconnect, in order to be more respectful of other addons, especially if you have very high frame rate, it's called "Cap Simconnect updates" and it's disabled by default.

When the option is disabled (which is the default), the frequency of udpates is NOT limited, so GSX will work exactly as it were before, not limiting itself.

When the option is enabled, GSX will not call Simconnect more than 30 times per second, regardless how high your frame rate is. This MIGHT cause your issue, because GSX would intentionally limit itself in order not to cause issue TO other addons, when your frame rate is much higher than 30.

So, if the option is disabled, it's not possible the latest update could have anything to do with this, because when it's disabled, nothing has changed in relationship with the frequency the connection to the sim.