Author Topic: GSX Install not working.  (Read 4530 times)

DefconPilot

GSX Install not working.
« on: April 28, 2018, 12:53:28 pm »
Dear Sir/Madam,

First of all, I want to apologize for the fact that I dont really know how the forum works and ofcourse this is the correct section to start a topic about my problem.

I recently installed Prepar3D V4 and wanted to Install GSX, the problem I have with it is that after the game starts up and I try to start up GSX, I dont see GSX added to my Addon Menu. I only see SODE but thats it. I've read that it has something to do with an installation of GSX while having an Antivirus system on. I've removed my Antivirus and even reinstalled P3D and GSX. Still nothing. I've run out of options. So I decided to contact you guys.

Please help. Thank you. ;)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Install not working.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2018, 01:04:37 pm »
if you are missing the Addon Manager or the GSX menu (or both) from the "Addons" menu of the sim, the only possible reasons are either the antivirus blocking the update, or a problem with your VC++ libraries, which might be missing/corrupted, even by something not related to flight sim.

Disabling the antivirus while installing its NOT enough. In addition to that, when the antivirus is suspected to be the cause of the problem (it's the more common one), you MUST also configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder before starting the sim.

About missing/corrupted VC++ libraries. They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version. Our software doesn't require all of them but, indirectly, Simconnect itself requires it so, if one of them it's missing, you'll have lots of issues, and not just with our software.

The linked thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**, was quite exhaustive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 01:06:18 pm by virtuali »

DefconPilot

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2018, 01:14:57 pm »
I am indeed missing both menu's in my "Addons" menu in the Sim. I have removed my antivirus and disabled Windows Defender and then Removed the VC++ Libraries (2005 SP1, 2013 and 2015). Then, I reinstalled all the required VC++ Libraries in the order of first 2005 SP1 x64 then x86 etc. After that I restarted the system just like it was said on the linked thread. After restart, I installed GSX. During the Installation I saw the installer saying "Matching remote file, skipping update." I don't know if that is normal. Anyway, I installed GSX again, restarted my PC, and then fired up P3D, still no GSX or an Addon Manager in the Addons menu. I only see SODE and thats it. I don't know what to do next.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 05:21:43 pm »
As I've said, disabling the antivirus while installing its NOT enough. In addition to that, when the antivirus is suspected to be the cause of the problem (it's the more common one), you MUST also configure it to exclude the Addon Manager folder before starting the sim.

If it's not the antivirus, it's missing libraries so, the previous thread already given all the solution to that problem. If you followed them all, then it's the antivirus.

Jayster226

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 05:58:15 pm »
I'm having kind of the same problem again. No addon manager or gsx in the menu. I've reinstalled the libraries, antivirus is disabled along with defender and the exclusions of the folders as well as individual files are in place. It just happened out of nowhere. I had this happen a few weeks ago, reinstalling the libraries fixed it. Now its back and none of the fixes work.

DefconPilot

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2018, 06:03:28 pm »
The Fixes with VC++ didn't solved the problem tho, I already said, I removed my Antivirus from my pc. So there shouldn't be any problems with Installing the software correctly. Kinda running out of options.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 08:45:10 pm by DefconPilot »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 06:31:34 pm »
The Fixes with VC++ didn't solved the problem tho, I already said, I removed my Antivirus from my pc.

If you removed your antivirus, the default Windows Defender might have been reinstated in its place since, at least under Windows 10, you basically can't remove Windows Defender.

Which is why, I said that disabling or uninstalling the antivirus is not what you are supposed to do, and you must instead add the Addon Manager folder to the list of folder excluded from the antivirus.

Jayster226

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 10:25:19 pm »
The Fixes with VC++ didn't solved the problem tho, I already said, I removed my Antivirus from my pc.

If you removed your antivirus, the default Windows Defender might have been reinstated in its place since, at least under Windows 10, you basically can't remove Windows Defender.

Which is why, I said that disabling or uninstalling the antivirus is not what you are supposed to do, and you must instead add the Addon Manager folder to the list of folder excluded from the antivirus.

And I'm having the same problem with defender off, antivirus off, and exclusions in place.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2018, 11:08:53 am »
And I'm having the same problem with defender off, antivirus off, and exclusions in place.

As already explained several times in this thread, the antivirus is only the most common case of the software not running but, if you are reasonably sure the antivirus is not interfering, then it's likely you have a problem with one version of the VC++ runtimes, which are either missing or corrupted.

About missing/corrupted VC++ libraries. They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version. Our software doesn't require all of them but, indirectly, Simconnect itself requires it so, if one of them it's missing, you'll have lots of issues, and not just with our software.

The linked thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**, was quite exhaustive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

DefconPilot

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2018, 11:46:02 am »
This is the situation at this moment:

- Again removed P3D.
- Removed GSX + Addon Manager etc.
- Reinstalled P3D.

After this I did both options.

1) The option with the VC++ Libraries. Reinstalled them following the linked threat.

2) Exclude GSX via the Virus scanner.

Both options resulted into nothing. Addon is still not showing up in P3d.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2018, 11:48:22 am »
Both options resulted into nothing. Addon is still not showing up in P3d.

You haven't said which version of the sim you use. The current version of our software requires 4.1 at least, so it won't run in 4.0 anymore.

DefconPilot

« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2018, 11:49:53 am »
That is quite the reason why it is not working. I am still on V4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2018, 11:52:13 am »
That is quite the reason why it is not working. I am still on V4.

That's for sure. We put an alert on the March 30th Live Update release notes (which you can read before updating):

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

March 30th 2018

Note to P3D4.0 users: this update requires at least Prepar3D 4.1, it won't work on 4.0 due to different SDK used.

Since 4.1 has been released in October 2017, we assumed that by March 2018 everybody would have upgraded to it, since 4.0 had LOTS of issues with GSX, due to the black textures bug that affected 4.0 when many addons are installed.

DefconPilot

« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2018, 11:54:21 am »
Well, in that case. Im going to update my P3D. Thanks for the effort!