Author Topic: GSX - P3d V4.2 and XML **SOLVED**  (Read 2986 times)

catmar1944

GSX - P3d V4.2 and XML **SOLVED**
« on: May 10, 2018, 04:28:12 pm »
I have read on the UK2000 forum that if you select to use the new xml way of entering scenery into your scenery library
that GSX will not be able to find the airports and there will be a loss of functionality. Can you confirm this to be correct
or will everything be okay?

I have just purchased P3d v4.2 and am slowly installing my scenery into the simulator.

I have not installed GSX as I am not sure if it will work as I want as much of my scenery off of the main drive as possible
so that if and when a newer version is uploaded I can install the client without too much hassle.

Thanks

Clive
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:58:53 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - P3d V4.2 and XML
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 05:18:26 pm »
I have read on the UK2000 forum that if you select to use the new xml way of entering scenery into your scenery library that GSX will not be able to find the airports and there will be a loss of functionality. Can you confirm this to be correct

You got a wrong information from that forum. GSX recognize sceneries installed with the add-on.xml method since the day P3D 4.0 has been released, almost a year ago.  Since ALL our sceneries use that method so, if GSX really didn't supported, it wouldn't work with our own sceneries too!

catmar1944

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2018, 05:33:45 pm »
That's great news thanks so much, better to check things out yourself.

Regards

Clive

catmar1944

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2018, 07:46:52 pm »
I must be misunderstanding here so could someone give me some assistance. I have just purchased P3d v4.2 which installed okay, I am now installing airports using xml where I can but some like Orbx are installing using the old scenery.cfg - no problem as I understand it (until p3d is updated of course). I am now getting around to GSX, the installer gsx_fsx_setup appears to want to install into FSX (Which I still have until such a time as I have things sorted with Prepared and then I will un-install it as I need the space on the drive.) I got so far and then chickened out because I don't know what problems it may give me should I click okay and it may try to re-install into FSX again.

Is there another installer? do I have to purchase GSX for P3d v4.2 or does gsx_fsx_setup.exe installer do the job, the name is not very assuring with regards to installing into Prepared lol.

I would appreciate any help here as I do not want to screw up the P3d v4.2 sim because it is working beautifully.

Thanks

Clive

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2018, 09:16:39 pm »
I am now getting around to GSX, the installer gsx_fsx_setup appears to want to install into FSX

It's not very clear from your post if you just downloaded the GSX setup now, or you are trying to install into P3D using an older GSX installer which was made before P3D4 was supported.

Of course, the latter wouldn't work and it's entirely normal an old installer would try to install into FSX, since it's still installed.

The current installer, of course, fully support P3D4 so, it will present you with a choice, which by default will install into both FSX and P3D4 (or any other supported sim you might still have installed), then you can check/uncheck the options, if for some reason you don't want to install in one of the sim.

And please note, the current installer will NOT install "INTO" the sim anymore.

It will install in its own shared folder ( C:\Program Files\Addon Manager, by default), with the obvious advantage that, if you want to use it in multiple sim, it will not waste any hard drive space with multiple copies of it, like it used to be before.

So, just be sure you download the CURRENT GSX full installer, not something you downloaded a while ago, which might not be a P3D4-compatible version.

And yes, the installer is still called gsx_fsx_setup.exe, but supports FSX, P3D1, 2, 3 and 4

catmar1944

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2018, 09:21:52 pm »
Okay thanks Virtuali I downloaded the current one off of the GSX website so I believe it's the right one.

Clive

catmar1944

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2018, 09:43:44 am »
virtuali,

Just to let you know that GSX installed into P3d v4.2 without any problems and is working
just fine. Thank you.

Regards
Clive