Author Topic: GSX update  (Read 2741 times)

Court Line Flyer

GSX update
« on: April 04, 2018, 06:34:51 pm »
Before I downloaded the latest GSX update over Easter, all my FSdt software was working perfectly (LSZH/KJFK.KLAX/PHNL/GSX).  To update GSX, I reinstalled the full GSX software package but now no longer have the Couatl or Add-on menu under my Add-ons tab in P3Dv4.2  Having read many other posts here and in other forums, I uninstalled all my FSdt software and reinstalled it.  In doing so, I switched off my antivirus software and have eliminated my FSdt Addon Manager folder from the antivirus scan.  I have also reinstalled the Standalone Addon Manager.  Having spent many frustrating hours going through all this, the scenery buildings do not show (only the airbridges), some ground textures are missing and GSX does not activate.

Appreciate I am not the only one with this problem but don't know where to go next.  Can anyone help, please?

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX update
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2018, 06:51:50 pm »
Appreciate I am not the only one with this problem but don't know where to go next. 

If you read all the messages on this forum, you would have know that we had a problem with P3D 4.1 ONLY, and it was fixed a few hours after it was reported, it never affected P3D 4.2 users, and all 4.1 users that initially reported it, fixed it with the update.

Which means, if you have P3D 4.2, the only possible reasons for the missing menus, don't have anything to do with the initial 4.1-only problem of the update, but are the usual possible reason of missing menus:

- Antivirus blocking the update, just because it's "new". To fix this, configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning and run the Live Update again, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

2) Missing/Corrupted VC++ libraries in your system. See solution in the "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**" thread:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656

Court Line Flyer

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 12:38:56 pm »
Umberto,

I am baffled and still need some further help, please.  The GSX update to which I was referring was 2.3, the one adding new features. 

I have uninstalled all my FSdt scenery & GSX
I have downloaded and reinstalled without my firewall being active
I have eliminated the Addon Manager folder from anti virus scans

After this the sceneries were still showing only airbridges, and neither Couatl or GSX were showing in the Addons tab in P3Dv4.2

Next I have removed and reinstalled all my C++ libraries, as you suggested, and repeated the installations as above.  All to no avail. 

Aside from regular automatic Windows updates, update 2.3 was the only software I have updated on my PC, and I everything was working well beforehand.

Thanks,

Karl

Court Line Flyer

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 08:55:43 pm »
I was hoping for some more guidance on how to recover GSX and the four sceneries I am now unable to use since your update.

I've tried reinstalling exactly as you suggested, including the C++ libraries. 

Any further help would be much appreciated. 

Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2018, 11:25:34 am »
I can only repeat and confirm what I said in my previous post: if you are missing the Addon Manager or the GSX menu (or both) from the "Addons" menu of the sim, the only possible reasons are either the antivirus blocking the update, or a problem with your VC++ libraries, which might be missing/corrupted, even by something not related to flight sim.

Are you SURE you have uninstalled and reinstalled ALL the affected VC++ libraries ? They are the 2005 SP1, the 2013 and the 2015 version. Our software doesn't require all of them but, indirectly, Simconnect itself requires it so, if one of them it's missing, you'll have lots of issues, and not just with our software.

The linked thread named "Addon Manager not showing up in P3Dv4 **SOLVED**, was quite exhaustive:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17484.msg122656.html#msg122656