Author Topic: FSDT_Staircase_02_USER not showing in sim  (Read 1961 times)

jd_jay

FSDT_Staircase_02_USER not showing in sim
« on: March 02, 2018, 09:41:05 am »
I have been trying my hand at adding my own vehicles using your paint kit, everything has gone really well apart from one issue.  As the title says, I had a staircase not showing at all, when that type was called I presume.  After investigating and narrowing it down ive worked out its Staircase_02.

To see if I could get it to work I added all the details, texture folder, sim.cfg entry into Staircase_02 and not Staircase_02_USER.  Sure enough as soon as I did that the missing staircase  appeared.  I then copied and pasted all those entries into the _USER folder, and the staircase stopped appearing again.  I have attached the texture.cfg and sim.cfg text.  Please not I have made my own folder up calling it UKV rather than USER, this isn't a problem for the rest of the vehicles.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

[fltsim]
fallback.1=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_02\texture
fallback.2=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_UKV\texture.UKV
fallback.3=..\..\FSDT_Staircase\texture.01
fallback.4=..\..\FSDT_Baggage_Loader\texture.01
fallback.5=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.blue
fallback.6=..\..\FSDT_Marshaller\texture.01

[fltsim.0]
title=FSDT_Staircase_02_UKV_UKV
model=
texture=UKV
couatl.icaoprefixes= EGSS
couatl.atc_parking_codes= UKV

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT_Staircase_02_USER not showing in sim
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 09:51:12 am »
There's a problem with the model.cfg in the Staircase_02_USER\model folder. It's like this:

normal=FSDT_Staircase_02

but the correct line should be like this (like all the other _USER vehicles), including the relative path to the "parent" folder:

normal=..\..\FSDT_Staircase_02\model\FSDT_Staircase_02

This explains why it worked from the FSDT_Staircase_02 folder, but not from the _USER folder.

jd_jay

Re: FSDT_Staircase_02_USER not showing in sim
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 10:38:36 pm »
Thank you for the reply.  Its all a learning curve and i have started to understand things, and spot errors, i have come across a few in the user files for sure.  One thing i cant get my head round if i may ask another question. This isnt to do with my _user folders, but ive noticed none of my Hi_loaders have a marshall on them? Ive also had a  coutal crash a few times when testing out with cargo variant aircraft, namely the PMDG 777F and 747F.