Author Topic: help with customize parking  (Read 4330 times)

Perry333

help with customize parking
« on: November 04, 2017, 04:31:25 am »
When I go into the customize parking and I try to change something with one of the drop down menus and they start to have problems like not closing after I select one of the options. Everything just gets screwed up and can not continue with it and just have to exit without be able to customize anything. Other wise everything else is working fine. Thanks for any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: help with customize parking
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 03:20:03 pm »
I'm sorry, but I don't fully understand your issue. Please clarify what do you mean with "Everything just gets screwed up".

Is it possible you are getting an error, which will stop the program execution ? To check this, enable Logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings, and see if you have errors logged in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file.

Perry333

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:38:59 pm »
Hi , So what happens is when I click on a drop down menu it will stay open after I click on an option and it will not select it. If I try another drop down menu it too will stay open and will not be able to choose an option. At that point I just x out of the window. Here is a log that you asked for it was generated right after I x out of the customize parking spot.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 10:31:50 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:33:19 am »
Please don't post your log in your message, but attach to it. In any case, there was nothing wrong with your log, but I still not fully understand your issue. Are you saying the drop menus are blank ? Or, they show entries, but you cannot select them ?

Are you running the editor while in full screen ? Try in Windowed mode.

Perry333

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 06:49:28 pm »
Hi, sorry about posting the log. Yes when I click on a drop down menu I can see the entries, but when I select one of the entries in the drop down menu it will freeze open and it does not select it. Windowed mode does not seem to help. Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 01:08:55 pm »
I can see the entries, but when I select one of the entries in the drop down menu it will freeze open and it does not select it.

Is it possible you are getting an error, which will stop the program execution ? To check this, enable Logging in the Troubleshooting page of the GSX Settings, and see if you have errors logged in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file.

vadriver

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2017, 11:15:36 pm »
umberto

perhaps i have had a similar "issue".

a few months ago. i moved from fsx to p3d4 including the "relocation" of airports to the addons folder.

more recently, when wanting to tweak a parking @ klas in p3d4 (& after an unsuccessful attempt to do so), i noticed that the airport.ini still referred / set a path to the former fsx afcad folder rather than the addons folder. i corrected this manually (for a few airports) & all's well.

maybe this helps ?

cheers
john

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2017, 11:31:07 pm »
i noticed that the airport.ini still referred / set a path to the former fsx afcad folder rather than the addons folder. i corrected this manually (for a few airports) & all's well.

This should be the cause of the problem.

Even if we store the complete path in the .INI (so you can remember which file was used more easily), we don't use it. We use only the filename, because we know that you might end up moving that file, and also because users share their .INI, so it wouldn't be very smart if we relied on the complete path. So, as long as the filename matches, the .INI will be loaded.

Perry333

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2017, 02:30:00 am »
thanks for getting back, sorry it took me awhile to get back. I don't know how to change what you are suggesting but I have just click on costumize parking spot and doing it that way instead of the drop down menu. But now I have new problem since I did the live update when I click on costumize parking spot, it will load and then the plane will slew wildly out of control. Not sure what change but was working fine before? Really like this program hope I can get it figured out. :(

Crikey1000

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2017, 08:26:08 pm »
Hi if I understand your initial problem correctly, it is something I suffer with and affects anything I try to use on top of the sim screen. I run multiple monitors, if you do I advise you drag the opened box to another screen before clicking the drop down tab, this allows all functions to work correctly.

Cheers

Dave

Perry333

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2017, 12:00:22 am »
just have 1 screen thanks

Crikey1000

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2017, 10:17:30 am »
Just did a bit of searching and found this not tried it (yet) or even read it all.

This may be our solution..

All the best

Dave

Dutcheeseblend said: ↑
This is interesting, since I do recognise part of the problem. My pull-down menus (of any software other than FSX) don't pull down completely, but only when FSX is the underlying window. So, if I minimise FSX, everything works correctly. Is this comparable to your problem?
This was exactly my problem. It sort of crept up on me, one day I noted my EZCA pull downs were a bit dodgy. The Aerosoft Airbus fuel planner's pull down lists refused to lower. I then found it was when FSX was active.

Since then and after I had some great help from another forum, I was given a detailed fix. I found it was pretty common issue and found some links..
http://forum.simflight.com/topic/73942-enable-aero-using-fsuipc/ This fix can be applied via Pete Dowsons FSUIPC..or if you want to apply outside FSUIPC...

Aero must be ENABLED before starting FSX
Aero can affect vSync in full screen so put this into your FSX.cfg: graphics section First

[GRAPHICS]
ForceFullScreenVsync=1

Now, to restart the Aero system with FSX

create a batch file by
opening a new Windows notepad file
and add the text below
replacing (your fsx install folder path) with the actual path to your install - Example. c:/program files (x86)/Microsoft games/Microsoft/Fsx

@echo off
start (your FSX install folder path) \FSX.exe
net stop uxsms
net start uxsms

Save it to your FSX install folder as FSX Aero.bat
use file type -- All files (*.*)

Create a shortcut to this file on your desktop
By right mouse click then choose send to desktop (shortcut)

Right mouse click on the new desktop shortcut
and
Select RUN dropdown list-- alter to - minimised -
Select advanced - click the box -run as administrator - ok
Select icon - ok - browse to your FSX.exe file
Click on open
Click on ok
Click on apply
Click on ok

To open FSX click on the new shortcut - the aero manager will be re-started
drop down lists and other apps should appear as they would under Windows normally
VSync in full screen should not have any screen tearing -
Windowed mode is unaffected by aero ON

Crikey1000

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2017, 11:38:54 am »
Tested and it works....

So should anyone have the issue, which it appears comes from Windows Aero display.

The issue being... using an addon screen, which sits on top of FSX screen, selecting drop down tab (tab only shows some of drop items or goes strange), this is for you....

Just to point out, you must have an Aero theme running on your desktop.. Which if you dont know is, right click on desktop, personalize and select an Aero theme from those available..

I am running Windows7 and have no understanding of the other operating systems...

Hope this helps someone..

Dave

Perry333

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2017, 06:56:09 pm »
Hi thanks for the info, but I think I will just do the customizing in the sim instead of with the drop down list. It's a little more work but that's OK. Thanks again for trying to help.

Also I got the slew problem fixed.