Author Topic: Help me figure out which airport to buy for P3Dv4/FSX-SE?  (Read 2779 times)

airwolf

Help me figure out which airport to buy for P3Dv4/FSX-SE?
« on: December 17, 2017, 05:38:44 pm »
Hi guys,

I got an early Christmas gift from my wife, and I am trying to plan to buy few FSDT airports during the next sale (whenever that happens).  While I am in transition to P3dv4, I have to keep FSX-SE for a bit longer as I am flying some of expensive birds that I have for that sim only (pmdg 737).  

List 1) I know Louisville, Charlotte and Memphis are brand new airports and are geared towards P3Dv4.  

List 2) What I am wondering is KIAH, KLAX, Dallas, Vegas, Chicago, Geneva, and Zurich optimized for P3dv4 or will these get upgraded to V2 down the road like KJFK did? Should I wait on these older airports and focus on the newer ones

Planning to install them on FSX-SE for now and then move to P3dv4 fully (it should be later next year)

Should I aim to buy List 1 airports for now or get any from List 2 b/c they are already good for P3Dv4

I already own KJFKv2 & CYVR

Any insights or tips greatly appreciated.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:43:42 pm by airwolf »

alexzar14

Re: Help me figure out which airport to buy for P3Dv4/FSX-SE?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 02:10:07 pm »
First read the problems with FSDT sceneries in P3Dv4 in adjacent topics.
The ones I got displayed in V4 are KLAX, KJFK, FDFW and KORD, that's it. Also you can try them all before buying, they have 30 seconds free-mode limit.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »
- All our sceneries works with no issues in P3D V4.

- The more recent ones like KMEM, KCLT and KSDF, has been more optimized for it, with some features using the native P3D SDK.

- No scenery of any developer currently on sale now is made *entirely* for P3D V4. Entirely, means not just recompiled with the P3D4 SDK, but using new features that don't exist in the FSX SDK, like multiple UV channels, material scripting, etc. The first one will probably be our new O'Hare, which will be released sometime in 2018, which is being remade from scratch, with no relationship with FSX anymore.

- Other sceneries will progressively include more and more P3D V4 features, but we cannot comment on how and when right now, and if they will be free or paid upgrades, since nothing has been decided and nothing is in the works right now other than KORD and other new products we already announced (LFSB and KPIT)

airwolf

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 05:00:20 pm »
- All our sceneries works with no issues in P3D V4.

- The more recent ones like KMEM, KCLT and KSDF, has been more optimized for it, with some features using the native P3D SDK.

- No scenery of any developer currently on sale now is made *entirely* for P3D V4. Entirely, means not just recompiled with the P3D4 SDK, but using new features that don't exist in the FSX SDK, like multiple UV channels, material scripting, etc. The first one will probably be our new O'Hare, which will be released sometime in 2018, which is being remade from scratch, with no relationship with FSX anymore.

- Other sceneries will progressively include more and more P3D V4 features, but we cannot comment on how and when right now, and if they will be free or paid upgrades, since nothing has been decided and nothing is in the works right now other than KORD and other new products we already announced (LFSB and KPIT)

Thank you for the excellent feedback.

I did try out the demos yesterday in FSX-SE and hopefully give me time to fully move into P3dv4 by summer when your new KORD is out.

KMEM, KCLT, KSDF, KLAX and KIAH are queued in my order list.  Just wondering about KDFW (I did have some more fps loss on this one while others were super silky 30fps locked with pmdg 737).  

Just waiting for the next sale time.  I hope there is Xmas sale this year...I missed the black friday sale.  Either way I am quite happy on which licenses that I am going to get now.