Author Topic: KLAS  (Read 7252 times)

scoeva

KLAS
« on: April 18, 2009, 06:04:32 pm »
Hello all,
Here are few shots of the beautiful KLAS.

Scott.

JFKpilot

Re: KLAS
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 07:23:15 pm »
Nice shots! Great purchase ;D.
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

M-Sauce

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 11:27:35 am »
Don't you get the sensation that the aircraft are floating above the ground? I don't get how people can look at screenshots without shadows. I understand that aircraft shadows can slow down performance, but why would you need that performance just to take screenshots??

Mariano

scoeva

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 12:50:50 pm »
I am so used to not having aircraft shadows on, that I didn't even notice. But thank you for pointing that major problem out. I'll try to do better next time ::).

01pewterz28

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 05:13:59 pm »
Great shots don't worry I do not use aircraft shadows myself :)

BOOM

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2009, 08:50:08 pm »
Shadows or no shadows it doesn't matter,the shots are fantastic!!!! can't wait to see some more!!! ;)

Patrick

JFKpilot

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2009, 08:52:56 pm »
Don't you get the sensation that the aircraft are floating above the ground? I don't get how people can look at screenshots without shadows. I understand that aircraft shadows can slow down performance, but why would you need that performance just to take screenshots??

I completely agree with you. It's actually one of my pet peeves. Those shots could have been even better with shadows on. I don't see why you'd turn off shadows in fs9, but sometimes in fsx we are forced to. Companies like Aerosoft and Imaginesim push "fsx-versions" of their sceneries and inexplicably use Scasm runway lighting that cause Ai to disappear. They just tell us to turn off shadows and personally that's not a solution since it ruins the whole experience -- it just looks odd without shadows. Fortunately Fsdt's sceneries (except Zurich) allow shadows and ai to coexist.  ;)
Flight is the only truly new sensation than men have achieved in modern history.  -James Dickey

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 01:01:14 am »
I think one of the problems with FS is that people have shadows in all foggy weather, I hate having to change the shadow option each time...