Author Topic: GSX interferes with P3DV4 and FSX  (Read 2091 times)

Paddy92

GSX interferes with P3DV4 and FSX
« on: February 12, 2018, 05:34:08 pm »
Hi,

Funny and boring problem.
As soon as I start GSX 'ctrl+F11' PA datas change without any possibility to enter new datas or change the existing.

PA sets by itself : heading, Altitude. ??? ???

It happens always with Ifly products but occurs with others and with FSX as with P3DV4.

Each time I have to abort the flight.

Help me please.

Patrick

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX interferes with P3DV4 and FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 11:10:43 pm »
I'm not sure what you are referring to with "PA", maybe Auto-pilot ?

In any case:

- GSX hotkey, by default, it's NOT Ctrl+F11, but it's CTRL+Shift+F12 or CTRL+F12 so, if you really have it on CTRL+F11, it means you changed it. Of course, if you change the hotkey, you must be sure it's not used by something else.

- If you mean F12 and wrote F11 by mistake, that doesn't change the fact that, whenever you have any addons using hotkeys, you must be sure they don't have keyboard conflicts. You are supposed to change the hotkey in either addon, provided that addon allows you to do that in the first place.

Of course, GSX being the flexible program that it is, allows you to change its default hotkey, using the "Key Mappings" option from the Couatl settings menu.

Paddy92

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 07:12:27 pm »
Hi,

thanks for your answer, yes PA is AP in French.
I do mean F11

I've never changed hotkeys, ctrl+F11 is,  since I got the addon, the combination to open GSX menu.
Most interesting, the problem doesn't occur when I press ctrl+F11 but when I choose one of the option : boarding, refuelling ...

I just found a solution, once every thing is done I press ctrl F11 again and close the GSX menu with a right click and close window.
It seems to work.
It's a solution but not an explanation.

Thks a lot

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 12:21:30 am »
I do mean F11

I've never changed hotkeys, ctrl+F11 is,  since I got the addon, the combination to open GSX menu.

Then you must have changed, and forgot about it. We never used the F11 key and, by default, GSX always used CTRL+Shift+F12 or CTRL+F12. It's impossible we would set GSX to CTRL+F11, when it's used by our OWN XPOI program so, you can be sure we wouldn't install GSX and by default make it conflict with another addon we made.

So, if it's on F11, it was you that changed the hotkey, and forgot about it. Note that, the GSX preferences are NOT removed when uninstalling/reinstalling GSX, so they will stay between different installations so, you probably changed them a long time ago, if you never reformatted Windows from scratch ever since.

It's a solution but not an explanation.

I already provided the correct solution, with alternatives:

1) Change the GSX keys back to default, hopefully no other addon is using our default keys based on F12

OR

2) Change the hotkey used by the conflicting addon

OR

3) Change the hotkey in GSX to something else entirely, which is not used by another addon