Author Topic: Uninstalling FSDT sceneries from P3DV3 only  (Read 2925 times)

doublebubble

Uninstalling FSDT sceneries from P3DV3 only
« on: October 30, 2017, 07:23:33 pm »
G'day, I would like some advise as to how to remove FSDT airports from P3DV3 only leaving them in my P3DV4 so that I can uninstall P3DV3, at the moment all my FSDT sceneries are installed into both sims using FSDT's new install method, a small guide would be helpfull but if I've missed it I apologize.

Regards Rod.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Uninstalling FSDT sceneries from P3DV3 only
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 08:37:57 am »
Uninstalling in just one sim won't save you any hard drive space now, since the location is now shared between all the sim. So, rather than uninstalling, you will probably want to temporarily disable them, so you can do that using the "Options->Add-ons" menu.

Note that, the "Options->Add-ons" is not the same as the "Addons" menu. And, it will also allow you to disable executable modules from starting, not just sceneries.

doublebubble

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2017, 10:46:22 am »
Thanks Umberto, I guess I probably worded that wrongly, I want to uninstall P3dv3 so if I just disable FSDT sceneries within P3dv3.4 I assume that's all that needs to be done and go ahead and remove P3DV3, do I sound like I'm on the right track?

Cheers Rod Lewis.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 02:26:49 pm »
I want to uninstall P3dv3 so if I just disable FSDT sceneries within P3dv3.4 I assume that's all that needs to be done and go ahead and remove P3DV3, do I sound like I'm on the right track?

If you are uninstalling P3D, you don't have to do anything. If you want to do a complete uninstall, and want to remove your P3D preferences in %APPDATA% and %PROGRAMDATA% as well (they won't affect any other sim, they'll just take some disk space), nothing in our products would be affected in any way, regardless if you clear the P3D preferences or not.

doublebubble

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2017, 06:21:55 pm »
Thanks Umberto all good I just didn't want to upset any V4 installs, thanks for the clarification.

Regards Rod.