Author Topic: GSX not connected with SODE  (Read 3503 times)

VHPO

GSX not connected with SODE
« on: September 18, 2017, 03:42:13 pm »
Hi again.

After many flights,  I think that my GSX is not connected with SODE.
In some airports, when I press operate jetway in gsx menu it say no triggerable object within 12 miles but I can operate the jatway through SODE menun.
In other airport, like LEVC, that it supose to be active for SODE, they even not apear.
What could be the problem and how to solve It?

Many thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not connected with SODE
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2017, 03:47:21 pm »
In some airports, when I press operate jetway in gsx menu it say no triggerable object within 12 miles but I can operate the jatway through SODE menun

You are probably confusing the menus. The menu that says "no triggerable object within 12 miles" IS the SODE menu. It's not possible you would see that message after using the GSX menu. If there's a problem with SODE, GSX will give you a different message.

If you see that message, it can only because you used the SODE menu instead so, the issue doesn't have anything to do with GSX and it means there's a problem with a 3rd party scenery that use SODE jetways when called from SODE. But again, it's entirely unrelated to GSX, if you really saw the "no triggerable object within 12 miles" message.

VHPO

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 06:01:07 pm »
Thanks for your quick réply.
If so, why in LEVC the jetways don't apear?

VHPO

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 06:03:54 pm »
Sorry I push the button very quickly in my former massage.
In LEMG, for example,  there is only one jetway available to use, is This Normal?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 10:55:56 am »
In LEMG, for example,  there is only one jetway available to use, is This Normal?

This is not very clear. Are you saying that GSX is reporting only one gate with a SODE jetway ( Those flagged with a "/JS" in the list ), or that you have many jetways, but only one is working ?

VHPO

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 01:31:30 pm »
Yes, sorry,  I didn't explain my self very well.
There are gates with s, but when I go to the menu, I press to operate jetway,  it ask me the company,  I select it, and it say GSX not jetway at this  gate.
Then I try with SODE menu,  and it let me select the gate. I select and its say unable to dock

I hope now is better explained

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 05:26:17 pm »
I select it, and it say GSX not jetway at this  gate.
Then I try with SODE menu,  and it let me select the gate. I select and its say unable to dock

This clearly indicates the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, since SODE itself, even when used outside GSX, cannot use the jetway.

There are many reasons why a jetway cannot be used:

- The position you parked

- The airplane you used

- How the jetway was placed in the scenery by the scenery developer

- How the jetway was modeled by the scenery developer

It's usually a combination of everything. The only thing sure, it's nothing related to GSX, since when  you use the SODE menu to call a jetway, GSX doesn't do anything.