Author Topic: Doubled stairs **SOLVED**  (Read 3450 times)

romair

Doubled stairs **SOLVED**
« on: September 03, 2017, 07:48:44 am »
Hello experts

If I operate heavy aircrafts such CS B777 parking on airports without jetways always 2 stairs are docking twice to the front passenger doors.

Whats going wrong ?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8l5sltew6v7r64e/LOWS-GSX.JPG?dl=0

with Kind regards Roger
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 10:02:26 am by virtuali »

cptbambi

Re: Doubled stairs
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 12:17:47 pm »
Looks like two of the markers are at the same spot, go into the aircraft editor and move one of them to another door.

romair

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 08:37:46 am »
Thanks for Response

Can you inform pls. where can I find this aircraft Editor ? Does it belobg GSX ?
In the P3D addons GSX there is a link to the customize aircraft but there is no function to customize my Problem.

pls. inform where to find ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 08:40:03 am »
In the P3D addons GSX there is a link to the customize aircraft but there is no function to customize my Problem.

That's precisely the airplane configuration editor. You should move one of the doors, because it seems they are being overlapping. The GSX manual explains in detail how to use it.

romair

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 12:24:01 pm »
Hello Umberto

It seems for my understanding that you describe the door changes withhin the aircraft.cfg of the CSB777-300.

Airplane Configuration Editor for my understanding is a Software to work on files such as .cfg and  many others

Basically I use Notepad to edit aircraft.cfg which is a simple text file.

My CSB777-300 aircraft.cfg have no door section. Can you tell me where I can find this kind of part and function.

On your GSX Manual there is a part who decribes Operating the Airplane Doors and Deboarding without Jetways but  I found no part how describes how to remove double stairs.

I hope you can give me a more deeper advise. I can send you my aircraft.cfg for your reference.

with regards Roger

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 07:36:17 pm »
From your reply, it seems that you haven't read the GSX manual. GSX has its own configuration for doors, the aircraft.cfg is only used when there's configuration at all for GSX, just as a very rough starting point but, in order to use an airplane, you must configure it with the airplane configuration editor included with GSX.

This will produce a GSX.CFG file in your %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Airplanes folder but, you are really not supposed to edit it manually, since the GSX editor is visual as so much easier to work with, compared to editing files.

I really suggest having a look at the GSX manual, starting at Page 35, where airplane customization is discussed.

romair

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 07:12:47 am »
Hello Umberto

Your last reply was helpful. (Aircraft Editor of GSX) I have read your manual more deep.
My Problem was caused due to the Expression "second stair". It wasn't a second stair. It was the stair which was programmed for the Exit 4
which was missplaced to the Exit 1.
Now I worked along your manual and corrected the Position to the Exit 4.

Thanks a lot for your fast replay and the nbice GSX.

Roger