Author Topic: GSX Parking Features, some ideas for the next version  (Read 2165 times)

captain420

GSX Parking Features, some ideas for the next version
« on: August 27, 2017, 08:36:55 am »
I would like to mention that I would love to see some type of parking system in the GSX Menu interface where it can bring up a black semi-transparent window showing you a diagram of the airport that you're currently at, and allow you to visually see all the gates, Be able to filter the gates that is suitable for your aircraft. So that you can easily click on the gate. and see exactly where you will be parked at.

Right now, I find a hard time using GSX to choose a starting gate for my aircraft. 9 out of 10 times the gate will be occupied. So I don't even use the GSX menu anymore for this. I would love to see improvements in this area for the ability to choose the proper starting gate that matches the real world airport and also be able to choose a realistic gate when arriving at the destination airport as well.

Eisbahn

Re: GSX Parking Features, some ideas for the next version
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 10:56:09 am »
What you need is EFB from Aivlasoft.
http://www.aivlasoft.com/

captain420

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 10:03:13 pm »
I don't need another app just for this. It would be great to include this into GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:21:04 am »
It's surely a neat idea, but it might not be very easy to do, because the standard Simconnect menus don't allow drawing any kind graphics, just text.

Under FSX, trying to do that, will be a very ugly hacking mess and with lots of potential conflict with other apps. It MIGHT be doable in P3DV4, but we'll have to research a bit into this, because the drawing API keeps being updated at each version.