Author Topic: Flightbeam KSFO-HD V2 Afcad issue - P3D V3.4.  (Read 4797 times)

Chok

Flightbeam KSFO-HD V2 Afcad issue - P3D V3.4.
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:51:03 pm »
Hello

I have an issue with GSX not recognizing the correct afcad file in the New KSFO HD V2 in P3D V3.4

The scenery is greyed out in the scenery lib and GSX doesn't detect the afcad unless i add it in a separate location. For example putting it in its own folder in the addon scenery folder. (rebuilding the GSX cache doesn't solve it)

Without touching or moving anything GSX uses the afcad from P3D V3\Scenery\0102\scenery\APX15180.bgl.
If i rename that file to .off and reload the sim GSX doesn't detect any afcad at all and doesn't work for KFSO saying there is no valid afcad even though there is one in the KSFO scenery folder in the top of the scenery lib.

I am running ORBX Global, Vector and OpenLC europe, so no US stuff. And i just installed the newest version of KSFO HD V2 following the guide on flightbeams website.

Is there a proper way to solve this or will i have to do as i've done, and if yes would that create any conflicts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Flightbeam KSFO-HD V2 Afcad issue - P3D V3.4.
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 09:25:35 pm »
I have an issue with GSX not recognizing the correct afcad file in the New KSFO HD V2 in P3D V3.4

What AFCAD is reading GSX instead ?

The scenery is greyed out in the scenery lib and GSX doesn't detect the afcad unless i add it in a separate location. For example putting it in its own folder in the addon scenery folder. (rebuilding the GSX cache doesn't solve it)

It's entirely normal a scenery installed in the native P3D way (like our own too) would be greyed out in the Scenery Library and GSX does recognize AFCADs installed this way, otherwise it wouldn't work with our sceneries too, which are also greyed out in the scenery library.

So, there are no reasons why GSX wouldn't work with the scenery, unless there are some additional issues related to the fact this scenery from Flightbeam doesn't use the Addon Manager anymore (but the previous version did) , but I cannot say, since I don't have the scenery installed, and I didn't know it was released but, I guess that Flightbeam has made all the proper testing to it and their instructions on updating it are correct.

Chok

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:43:08 pm »
GSX uses APX15180.bgl(which is the default and not the one that comes with the scenery?) - if i remove it/name it to .off gsx doesn't read anything(no valid afcad found it says) even though KSFO is No. 1 in the scenery lib.

https://i.gyazo.com/82ddab4b671c77fcdfc27be5a6bef6dc.png

Its the first time i see a scenery that is greyed out in the lib like this one, and what lead to think that would be the problem is a post on flightbeams forum mentioning something about it, unfortunately that post wasn't able to help me though

https://i.gyazo.com/27d32a82f9d74c129ebcee2bc2c58dc1.png
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 09:48:42 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 09:50:10 pm »
Try to force a cache refresh from the Couatl Settings menu, with the "Restart and Rebuild Airport cache" command, then go again in the parking customization screen, to check if the AFCAD in use now it's correct.

If it's not, there might be a number or reasons why it might have been rejected. In this case, it's best to enable Logging in the Troubleshooting section of the GSX Settings, then  "Restart and Rebuild Airport cache" again.

After waiting for the cache regeneration to be done, exit the sim, and check the Couatl.LOG file which has been created in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali folder, and hopefully it will tell something about why that scenery wasn't accepted.

Chok

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 10:11:00 pm »
I have tried letting it regenerate the cache multiple times without any result, i just tried again and it did not work, GSX still reads the APX15180.bgl.

it seems that the last scenery it reads according to what i can see in the log is layer 191 which is the one directly below KSFO in the scenery lib (Line 274)

Log attached.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:13:15 pm by Chok »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2017, 10:24:02 pm »
Your log shows your Couatl.exe is outdated so, first be sure you are running the current version, by starting the FSDT Live Update.

Chok

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2017, 10:28:30 pm »
The "check live update" indicates i have the latest version (first thing i checked when i initially faced the issue).

Will i have to do a full reinstall of GSX to get the latest one or is there another way?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 10:31:43 pm by Chok »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2017, 10:45:27 pm »
The "check live update" indicates i have the latest version (first thing i checked when i initially faced the issue).

The "Check live update" option is not there anymore, it has been replaced by the FSDT Live Update icon on your desktop a while ago but, is not telling you if you have the latest version or not, it will just update everything.

We are working to restore the live update notifications but, in the meantime, you just have to start the FSDT Live Update program from the icon on the Desktop (when the sim is not running).

Chok

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2017, 10:54:59 pm »
Okay well after seeing the changelog i am positive this is the issue, apologies for not noticing this earlier

Sorry for wasting your time.

I'll return if the issue continues after the update